iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Daily Fabrication Thread

Started by mike_belben, January 29, 2018, 09:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

pinefeller

4x4, articulated steering, walking beam front axle...this is what happens when you acquire 3 identical mowers lol finally done. well, could paint it i guess....   of course, i just stole the engine out of my goodest mower for the lawn so i have a little problem now. 
for those who say "it cannot be done!" please do so quietly so as not to disturb those who are doing it.

bushmechanic

You guy's have some interesting uses for old lawnmowers I have to say, good to see it repurposed and a fine job. 

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

thecfarm

I could use a small thing like that in my woods. A 40hp tractor,with a loader, takes a road to get it through the woods.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pinefeller

well it'll only do about 2- 6'' tree with branches on 4 without branches. traction seems to be the limiting factor... we will have to see how long the itty bitty keyways last on the axle shafts lol

for those who say "it cannot be done!" please do so quietly so as not to disturb those who are doing it.

thecfarm

Load the rear tires. ;)  I did have the wifes 30hp tractor in the woods. But that has loaded tires on it. I hauled out alot of wood on a trailer and some with the hyd arms. It did real good,even with tuff tires,but it's 4wd too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

jason.weir

I've got 2 50lb rear wheel weights sitting in the scrap pile
They came off an old Ford lawn tractor - might even be the same bolt pattern?
Come get them - same deal as that Briggs motor - don't want them back.

pinefeller

jason.weir

oh and it looks like it needs this as well...  I'm gonna start making a pile...

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

pinefeller

nothing beats shopping at the neighbors junk  treasure pile! any old antifreeze laying around for the tires while we're at it? 

jason.weir

no antifreeze - bet a local garage should have ton's of used stuff sitting around..

Puffergas

I like that 4x4 skidder!

Here is having fun with 2" receiver hitch stuff.

The silver conduit tube is to hold the sun umbrella.

The white arm on the winch attachment is the brake when winching in. There should be a second one on the other side and a shoe on the end.

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

pinefeller

good luck talking my son out of it...he has been patiently waiting two years!!!

IMG 0431 - YouTube

47sawdust

Pinefeller,That looks like a homemade Pasquali,great job.Gearheads forever!
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

pinefeller

i wish i had one of those! that would be perfect for play loggin! a pair came up recently on cl for $1500 but the real skidder needs new chains ;D

lopet

Love your mini skidder, your boy sure seems to have fun with it. 8)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

mike_belben

So its a belt drive pair of transaxles right?  Were you able to figure out a single shifter or need to shift 2 sticks?  Can you leave one axle in neutral?  

I used a winch fairlead the same exact way on mine.  Works good but i started off with it too low.  Morphed into this over time.  2 winches and 3 pulling locations, high medium and low.  

Praise The Lord

pinefeller

this is the jackshaft. i tig'd the pulleys together and the transaxles are hydrostatic with a cable going to each one and joined at the old blade height lever (now the fwd/reverser) the axles could be disengaged  but this was all thrown together monster garage style. i got like $50 into this thing and maybe a hundred hours. 0 prep on the welding. was supposed to be so my oldest could learn ''the ropes'' of logging on a smaller, safer scale. hope he's interested lol if it works and he's got some ambition ill find us a 4x4 honda for summer and use the bombardier in the winter. when he's ready....the c5 8)...then the fire wood is all his to deal with he he he...thats the plan anyhow....if not its was a fun project.

Hilltop366

Added a cutting edge to my homemade hookaroon the other day, also added a bit more hook and sharpened it.

Before

After

Stephen Alford

One problem with tractors well even my ol skidder were breaks. The machines have them but there are trust issues.  Had added pinable shanks to the winch. With the adjustable height and direction I found they worked great for the price.

Wanted to add them to the front as well.  Neutral...forward...reverse.  Put a couple posts to see if they will help with shoving tops.  Has to be a simple configuration or the tops hook and back up when the tractor does.  We shall see

Nice job Hilltop but I can see how this will turn into a  "HOOKER" padgent  so here are 2 entries from ol PEI....   ;D

logon

Hilltop366

Hmmm... you would have thought that the ones from PEI would have been the red heads! ;D

Thank You Sponsors!