Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

a little skidding with the Treefarmer

Rob

Rob

Here I'am starting the bore cut on the Pine

Rob

Rob

here's another view of the stand being left,it does need a few trees removed in certain areas though

Rob

Rob

Rob

Here I'am winchin in a turn,well thats all I have for now I hope you liked them  ;D

Scott

Great pictures Rob. I'll snap some pictures of the stuff going on around here, its been really busy lately but i don't have a scanner :'(. The local contractor has all his equipment within a few miles of my place. last month his 3 year old fabteck ft133 burned so he just bought a used deere 690d with an ulitmate disc saw harvester head. other equipment includes a tanguay slasher, kenworth dump truck, 2 TJ 450's (one blue/green one orange), komatsu d85 dozer and a deere 690d excavator.

Rob

Thanks Scott I figured everyone would like to see some pics from the East Coast Loggers.. ;DI would definetly like to see some pics of that equipment when you get a chance.

Rob.

Frickman

Thanks for the pictures Rob. I'll dream tonight about logging. It's raining again here, so no logging for awhile.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Ron Scott

Lokomo FMG 347. A small tracked processor with sawhead being used to harvest the aspen pulpwood stand within an oak sawlog harvest area. Witte timber harvest 6/03.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Hydro-Ax 511 B With Boom Processor. Thinning red pine in a plantation. Krantz pine harvest; 6/03.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Timberjack 1010 Double Bunk Forwarder. Krantz pine harvest; 6/03.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Loading Red Pine Cordwood. Loading the "pup" trailer of the Western Star wood hauler. Brown pine harvest; 6/03.

~Ron

Scott

A very nice clean looking operation. One benefit of CTL.

Ron Scott

"Soft Wood"; Peterbuilt Wood Hauler. Parades in July 4, 2003 celebration.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Timber Cutter & Timberjack Forwarder. Working sawlogs and pulpwood around cabin and lake area. Witte timber harvest 7/03.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Forwarder Picks Up Aspen. Sawlogs and Pulpwood.
Witte timber harvest 7/03.

~Ron

Tom

Truck/logger names

Snow Ball
Puddle Jumper

Ron Scott

Some more named rigs noted "on the road".

Pony
Rufus
PaPa Todd

~Ron

Ron Scott

John Deere 548D. Rubber tired forwarder outfitted for forest fire supprerssion. It is outfitted with a 750 gallon water tank (carries "wet water"), side spray nozzles, and a Michigan fire plow.

This unit was demonstrated by the Michigan DNR at Da Picnic, August 8, 2003.

~Ron

David_c

i think you guys missed one peice of equipment granted it is low tec and takes alot of man power but when theres no other way i'm clearing 5 acers cant afford clearing saw so all the saplings are coming down with the use of loppers. ::) ::) and i can tell you its no fun but gotta do what you gotta do.

Scott

Loppers? Neat looking rig Ron, for more wildfire fighting pictures visit www.wildlandfire.com theres some nice equipment photos in there.

David_c

like i said not fancy. but when you have alot of saplins and no clearing saw and not alot of money, loppers work. not fun but i've done 3 acers with them so far. but i'd give my right arm for the right equipment. :D :D i'll tell you though i'd love to have some of the equipment i've seen. :) if i had it my land would already be cleared. 8) 8) but since i dont i'll have to make do..

Thank You Sponsors!