iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Truck gas tank question - A little help? please?

Started by mike_van, June 11, 2007, 03:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_van

I had to drop the tank out of my '88 Dodge Dakota, I smelled gas all the time. What I found made me happy anyway, a cheap fix. There's a stainless screw clamp that holds the fuel pump/sending unit assem. in & the spot weld broke on mine & the whole deal was loose. Anyway, cleaning out the tank, there's a green plastic ball, ping pong size rolling around in there, and I don't know where it goes. Any help appreciated -  :) Thank you -
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

farmerdoug

Mike,

I beleive the Dodge put the ball in hose between the filler and the tank as an antisiphon device.  Most people eventually remove it as if someone tries to siphon gas with a stiff hose it can get jammed in the neck of the tank and really slow down gas fillups.  Looks like someone jammed right into the tank on your truck.  Replacing it is not really needed.  A locking gas cap is better anyways.

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Dale Hatfield

Chuck thye green ball. I ran into a rental van that somebody had tried to suck gas from. My first fill up was like an event in itsself.like 30 mis and 20 bucks in fuel at less than 2  bucks a gallon.
Dale
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

IMERC

ditto the others...
somebody tried to do you wrong...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

mike_van

Thank's all, I may have dislodged the ball too, I've siphoned gas from Peter to pay Paul once or twice too -  :D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Thank You Sponsors!