iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pole Barn

Started by KenMac, March 11, 2019, 07:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KenMac

I hope this is in the right place. Have any of you had a building built by Jeff Register Metal? He gave me the best price by far on a 40x60x14 pole barn, but would not alter his normal procedures and products to accommodate my preferences. For the price, I can live with standard this time!
I would appreciate any personal experiences and opinions.
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

grweldon

I realize this post is almost two years old, but I was wondering if the original poster actually got his barn built by the contractor mentioned.  I'm in the same general area and I was wondering how the deal went down...
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

KenMac

Quote from: grweldon on January 05, 2021, 03:42:04 PM
I realize this post is almost two years old, but I was wondering if the original poster actually got his barn built by the contractor mentioned.  I'm in the same general area and I was wondering how the deal went down...
Yes, I did get the barn built on May 16,2020. The crew was in and out in 9 hours over 2 days. They did hit me up for an extra labor charge that I felt was unwarranted due to my kiln being inside the footprint of the pole barn. That actually made it easier to roof that section. I plan to get them to build another identical barn at some point in the not too distant future. Hope this helps in your decision.
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

grweldon

Thanks for your reply.  I'm going to be building my own, can't break the tradition I started in 2015!  I was just wondering how Jeff Register Metals treated you.  I don't think I'll be in any shape to build the next barn after this one.  Do you mind me asking what you were charged and the size of the building you decided on?
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

KenMac

Quote from: grweldon on January 05, 2021, 05:34:58 PM
Thanks for your reply.  I'm going to be building my own, can't break the tradition I started in 2015!  I was just wondering how Jeff Register Metals treated you.  I don't think I'll be in any shape to build the next barn after this one.  Do you mind me asking what you were charged and the size of the building you decided on?
My barn is 40x60 x14' eve height with enclosed gables. It cost $9,500 and they insisted on $400 more to build over my kiln. That price is about $5000 less than my next lower quote. The building is fine-no complaints. They have two locations. Main is in southern Mississippi and other is in Highland Home, Alabama, south of Montgomery on 331. They make a circuit through the state starting in the south and go north and return south, getting restocked along the way. They have their routine down pat and won't stray from it. I have no qualms with using them again. My location is not perfectly level so they used 20' 6x6's and cut to length after setting them.

jmouton

wow thats cheap,,  my exact size barn cost 23,000 approx, but i am in mich,,,still ,,is that materials,labour
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

KenMac

Quote from: jmouton on January 07, 2021, 08:38:47 PM
wow thats cheap,,  my exact size barn cost 23,000 approx, but i am in mich,,,still ,,is that materials,labour
That is completely installed. Materials could be higher now, but ads in local farming magazines don't reflect much difference.

KenMac

KenMac

Don't know how to fix sideways picture, but that's the best picture of the barn in my gallery. ::)

Thank You Sponsors!