iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Land

Started by asca65290, June 02, 2010, 06:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Where I growed up we had fence rows and woodlots in every section as the years ticked away the city comes closer. I use to stand outside and hear nothing in the winter but a hound barking treed or a horned owl. Now it is trucks hitting the rumble strips on the four lane thats half a mile south or speaker systems in three Japanees factorys a mile southwest of use. Between city sprawl and agriulture the fence rows are gone and woodlots disappear every year. It breaks my heat to think that we are literally losing are county side. Who the H wants to mow five acres of grass and on top of that they waste water like it will be there forever. Well I better settle down or Jeff will be shaking his finger at me. Personally I don't think theres to many people that thinks beyond the hood of the car. Sorry there I go again  ::)
Bill

indiaxman1

All the comments on urban sprawl are true for every rural area near a city.   Its a material mindset that makes folks think they need a mcmansion on a postage stamp of land.  Twenty years ago, our area was immune to development/subdivisions.  I was fortunate to acquire what was seen then as worthless wooded knobs.....am determined it will remain woods.  What was 500 an acre is now closer to 5000...there might be an upside to the housing recession....slow down the wiping out of woods and small farms.

Thank You Sponsors!