iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I really wasn't trying to hide.

Started by Remle, December 02, 2013, 06:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remle

It seems I was spotted over in the timber frame section by Magicman.. So I thought I better stop by here and say hello. Thanks for the hello Magicman and congratulations on your Woodmizer award. A little about myself. I'm rather computer challenged so it will take some time to get my profile filled out or be able to post pictures, I know how you all like pictures... I'm in south central NY, bought an WM LT 40HD before retiring,  I figured I could do some sawing on the side but that didn't work out. Currently I'm looking into a timber frame barn for storage. Well that's about it in a nut shell, so hello you-all.

Holmes

Think like a farmer.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Now you gone and done it.  You told on me for being over in the Timber Framing/Log construction board.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Andy White

Remle,    Welcome to the" Entire "Forum. I like to lurk around all the other sites to see what is happening. I even go to the General woodworking site to check up on other peoples "cabin build" posts. Sure is a lot of talented people on this site! Enjoy it all.   Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on December 02, 2013, 07:51:22 PM
Now you gone and done it.  You told on me for being over in the Timber Framing/Log construction board.   :)

This makes you a cross THREADER.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Remle.

Located down near Corning, Painted Post?
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Deese

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Remle

Thank you all for the welcome. I'll try to answer all your questions and comments in as short a  reply as I can.  So to Holmes, Peter , Customsawyer and Deese , hello. Magicman, I  apologize for my indiscretion.  Andy, I agree a lot of talent here, that's why I decided to quit lurking and come out of the closet so to speak. Chuck, I'm farther west, Livingston Co., around the corner from my house and directly north about 48 mi. +/- on a clear day I can see the tall buildings in down town Rochester, NY. And last but by no means least, POSTONLT40, hum , just what do I say, cross THREADER ?  :D I guess you could say that.  Your apt to find me all over now that I've been let out of the cage.. ;D Well here is an old time saying that my father used to tell me; Boy you could talk a leg off a wooden chair ! I think I'm starting to realize what he meant. so thank you all for the warm welcome.

Dad2FourWI

Welcome!!!   :)

I agree about all the great information... the hard part is finding the time to read all the posts!!!!

We don't have TV and still I cannot keep up with all the great info on these forums!!!

Oh well, pull up yer' chair and stay a while... enjoy!

-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

Holmes

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 02, 2013, 08:03:24 PM
Quote from: Magicman on December 02, 2013, 07:51:22 PM

This makes you a cross THREADER.  ;D

I hates cross threading  ;D ,but I'm a plumber.
Think like a farmer.

thecol

samandothers

Remie welcome and look forward to your input and info.   Great color mill you have!

drobertson

Welcome Remle,  and have to say if you were in fact hiding, and was found, no better place than the timber frame construction board ;D,   And if memory serves me, there are quite a few cross threaders around these parts :D   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

m wood

Remle, welcome aboard.  (ive been known to cross thread as well).  GENESEE Co. here neighbor!  again welcome!
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff