iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bringin' up da Wood

Started by Magicman, September 29, 2018, 01:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Since it just might get cold during October, I decided to bring up a few loads of firewood and stack it on the back porch.

The first load was about half split slabs for starter wood.

The next two loads were splits and rounds.  This is 2'H X 10'L so it should be enough to last well into December.  Gotta be ready 'cause sometime the temps can drop down close to freezing.  :o  Burrrrrr !!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

goose63

That pile of wood might last a week up here maybe less if those guys up in Canada keep leaving the door open   :o
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

olcowhand

Quote from: goose63 on September 29, 2018, 03:39:41 PM
That pile of wood might last a week up here maybe less if those guys up in Canada keep leaving the door open   :o
Three days.....
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Gearbox

1 wheel barrow lasting 24 hrs. right now.
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

hedgerow

That much wood would only make two good burns in my Garn. I loaded half that much tonight will put the other half in Sunday night. Were in the forty's and raining so some heat is good. 

SwampDonkey

I think Magicman has a pasture full of piles of firewood and two full woodsheds he hasn't pictured. ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

I got firewood.

My woodshed.  Two rows in the foreground about 12' long and two more in the background also about 12' long.  All four rows are close to 6' high.  I should burn about half of this during this Winter.

This is what I split this past Summer that is shown in the foreground of the picture above.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

olcowhand

MM,
Where's your Maul, and what is that contraption on wheels in the background?

Magicman

I have one but my maul'in days are behind me.  I would have hated to hand split some of those sticks shown in the picture, even in my maul'in days.    :o  

SwampDonkey

Although I will have 8 cords, it will probably last 2 years and then some. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Andries

Goose, what Magic man has stacked there is smaller than your kindling pile.
Us Northerners are coming into our tough season - the Southerners are just coming out of their heat-stroke season. 😎
The Magicman is is poking us in the ribs and enjoying the fact that he and his kin have survived yet another killer summer.
😆 😆
It's a seasonal thang!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Magicman

smiley_curtain_peek  and loving it.  :D

Ivan49

Quote from: Andries on September 30, 2018, 04:47:24 PM
Goose, what Magic man has stacked there is smaller than your kindling pile.
Us Northerners are coming into our tough season - the Southerners are just coming out of their heat-stroke season. 😎
The Magicman is is poking us in the ribs and enjoying the fact that he and his kin have survived yet another killer summer.
😆 😆
It's a seasonal thang!
Besides he cannot cut wood down there during the summer because the skeeters are the size of small planes :D

Magicman

samandothers

That sign is needed in eastern N.C. after all the flooding from Florence!  Could serve white meat or dark off'em!

woodmills1

my new tractor got me reinvigorated I got 32 cord up as of today
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

rjwoelk

Quote from: goose63 on September 29, 2018, 03:39:41 PM
That pile of wood might last a week up here maybe less if those guys up in Canada keep leaving the door open   :o
Yup some one left the skylight open and let the snow fall on our place last night. All gone by noon. 
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Magicman

Our forecast is for a couple of days in the lower 30's next week so I may have to burn some wood.  :o

goose63

Now thats a heat wave 20s this week single didgets at night with snowing right now just in time for deer hunting this week end hopeing for that BIG mule deer buck
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Southside

Well, at least you have plenty more on deck.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

olcowhand

Quote from: goose63 on November 07, 2018, 10:10:43 AM
Now thats a heat wave 20s this week single didgets at night with snowing right now just in time for deer hunting this week end hopeing for that BIG mule deer buck
Make sure you post a pic, Goose!

Magicman

I have the fireplace insert loaded up and ready to go.  It's forecast to drop down to 37° tonight and to a bone chilling 27° next week.  Burrrrr!!!

SwampDonkey

Wood pile(s) ;D

I've added another 1-1/2 cord (two tiers) in the basement wood room since that photo, so 4-1/2 cord in there and 3-1/2 out in the wood racks.

Nice rolling wood fire. ;D

It's 80 degrees in the house now. Nice and toasty. ;)

rjwoelk

Sure enjoy the wood fire after being outside all day, good way to relax and want to go to bed.   
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Magicman

41° this morning, I had it ready so I lit er off.  We are quite toasty now.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!