iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

eight hours ago tomorrow

Started by Tom, October 02, 2002, 08:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Did you know that Kiwi Charlie is living in tomorrow and I have to add 16 hours to my time to figure out his time?  He explained it to me as " You have to subtract 8 hours and call it tomorrow." :D :-/

To someone who has trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time, this is really confusing me. :P ::) ;D

KiwiCharlie

G'day Tom,

Were not always in the future from you.  You and I are in the same day for 8 hours a day, then I leap ahead again for the other 16? ??? Sounds like an episode from Star Trek dont it!! ;) ;D  Its pretty good being in tomorrow though, got any bets you want me to place for you...... ;)
Oh yes, your weather tommorow will be pretty nice too. :o
Rather than try and subtract a big number like 16, its far easier for me to add 8 and call it yesterday, therefore making the title of MY post - eight hours from now yesterday!![/color]
Confused yet? ??? I know I am, and I live here!! ;D
Lucky we only have one time zone here, or I think my head would explode!

Cheers then for tomorrow, or is that Cheers now for yesterday?

Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

Frank_Pender

This kind of thinking use to be called brain teasers.  Now, for me at this ripe old age of  "dodage"  I call them "cell teasers" I then have to try and find enough cell to put together to try and figure out the solution (s).  After all the time of searching for enough cells and finally getting some of them to co-operate I have to gather some more to remember what the first gathering was all about.  I usually finalize everything by saying , "I really didn't want to know the answer or solution anyway." :-/
Frank Pender

Paul_H

Charlie,
I can't get my cells to co-op either,so what time would that make it here on the Best Coast?

Eleven hours,or Five?
 :-/
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

KiwiCharlie

G'day Paul,

Right now its 4.14pm Friday, which is 9.14pm Thursday your time.  So you got enough cells together  ;) as you had 5 as part of your answer!  ;D  Still yesterday though.
Your time is easy to work out for me, I do it often as my old mans in your time zone obviously.

One thing that will throw you all out though, is that this weekend, we go onto 'Daylight Savings'.  That means we put our clocks forward an hour, then later you go into winter time and we come out of summertime etc etc, so the cells do get a fair working out.  Plus an hour, minus an hour plus time difference, or is that minus an hour, plus an hour minus time difference?   ;D

Tom, how are your cells??  Can you work the time difference after Sunday MY time?  ;) ;) ;)
Cheers
Charlie.

Bro. Noble

KC,

We are about ready to turn our clocks back.  I can't figure out what time it is here let alone yours.  The only reason I'm writing is that I'm curious about one thing.

In NZ where you are down side up, if you eat a can of beans, does it cause you to hiccup?

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Ron Wenrich

I never really gave much thought to that Daylight Savings time.  When I look at a time zone, I just assume that it's all the same time.  But, there would be an hour difference from the north to the south.  Do they have DST at the equator?

For NZ, they would jump ahead an hour - making that a 17 hr difference for us on the East coast.  Then when we lose our daylight savings time, we fall back another hour.  That makes an 18 hr difference.

At least, I think so.   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

SawBilly

KiwiCharlie

G'day Noble,

Whaddaya mean...... ???  ;) ;)  Nope, we 'hiccup' just the same as you! ;D
Cheers
Charlie. *hic*

Bro. Noble

Kiwi Charlie,

Well, a can of beans always gives me the hiccups but I'm always careful to open the can upside down.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

KiwiCharlie

G'day Noble,

I think you would have the same result (and less messy) if you stood on your head, and opened the beans right way up?! ;)  Or better still just eat em standing on your head.  :D
Cheers
Charlie.

north_bugtussel

Kiwi , Could you get a copy of the Bangor Daily, real quick tomorrow, and give me a PM with the lotto numbers ;D
Life is full of changes..the secret to life...is to out-live the situation at hand. VB

KiwiCharlie

G'day north_bug

Welcome aboard the board!

Would be nice wouldnt it!! ;) :D  Reminds me of Back to the Future, with the sports almanac from the future.  Id only use it once, I promise. ;) ;D
Cheers
Charlie.

Thank You Sponsors!