iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

SS Badger Ferry across Lake Michigan UPDATE

Started by gspren, March 07, 2019, 01:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

Has anyone ever taken this ferry? In Sept my Navy reunion will be in Green Bay and I'll be coming from PA, we have been through the Chicago area and around the lake through the U.P. and thought maybe the ferry would be an interesting change.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

jmouton

no but id like too one of these years,  its not cheap though,
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

barbender

I took one about 20 years ago, it was out of Manitowoc WI. I don't remember the town on the MI side. It was uneventful and the valets didn't scratch my truck, is all I remember😊 Kinda boring.
Too many irons in the fire

Jeff

I have. Once. Nothing to see but water. If it was a lot cheaper than driving I'd consider it again if I was going that way, but that's the only reason. Don't wear white or take a coffee up on deck down wind from the stacks. If you have never done it, I'd not try to talk you out of it but if you are on a vacation there are far more opportunities for running into coolness driving around the lake to the north.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don P

I was wondering if you'd pipe up, remembered you took that to the logging congress, come to think of it I met the LogRite folks there too, that's been awhile.
http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=1426.msg17185#msg17185

Don't remember if I ever said, I was driving back to the jobsite after I left the logging congress and stopped at a convenience store. Got back into the truck and the starter pooped out. I'm a thousand miles from home and pre cell phone. Who should drive up within about 2 minutes but Horselogger :D

stumpy

There is another ferry, it's a jet powered and crossing takes 2-1/2 hrs. Goes from Muskegon to Milwaukee. One senior and a car is $215 one way.  Google Lake express ferry
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

gspren

Well today we took the ferry ride, nice but not too big of a deal. The water was calm so a smooth ride but foggy so not much for seeing anything. We did both win at bingo so recouped about one half of one percent what we spent :D. Overall we are glad we did it, cross it off the list, probably won't do it again. 
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Thank You Sponsors!