iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Veteran's Day

Started by Don K, November 11, 2007, 08:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don K

I want to take a minute to thank all the people that are presently serving in our armed forces as well as the ones that have served previously and a prayer of blessing on the families of those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. Our soldiers our one of the things that makes this country great and it is all too often a thankless job. God bless you all.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Texas Ranger

Your welcome, and to all my fellow vets, well done.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Norm

Well said Don K, I'd like to add my heartfelt thanks also.

Faron

I want to add my thanks to all who have served and all who are serving.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

thedeeredude

Thank you all you guys and girls in the military and those who previously served. smiley_clapping  Job well done!

jbeat

If you can read this post, thank a teacher. Because we read it in English, thank a vet. May GOD bless all past and present veterans not only on this special day but every day. Watch the PBS  WWII  series and realize that freedom isn't free. Also, pray for the various agencies that work tirelessly to thwart terrorist strikes against this country.
John B

sawguy21

We know it as Remembrance Day and I sincerely hope it continues to be an important part of our lives. A news article mentioned there are 150 war cemeteries in Flanders Fields,  Belgium. :o
A Toronto high school history teacher has been taking students to the European battlefields  and having the kids research and write about a soldier who fell. It really makes the sacrifice hit home.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

I want to thank all of the veterans that are on the FF.There are only a few at work,that I know of.I will go around tomorrow and thank them for being a vet.I will always support our troops,past and present.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tim L

This morning I went down to Dunkin Donuts to get cofee and donuts for a little family treat. There were a van load of Marines in dress blues (no doubt on there way to the nearby veterans cemetary in Boscawen NH ) I saw the first two near the door and gave the customary old jarhead OOHRAH ! which they returned .On my way out I saw the other Marines standing by the van so I called out "way to go Marines !" One popped to attention and said "We'll do our best for you sir " I drove away with tears in my eyes thinking about the sacrifice these young men and women make. God bless all our troops
Do the best you can and don't look back

Warbird

Thank you veterans.  We love you and will not forget!  Here is a Christmas poem I like to share around this time of the year.  Originally, I found it at Chuck Norris' web site but it looks like he's moved it:

A Christmas Poem:

The embers glowed softly, and in their dim light,
I gazed round the room and I cherished the sight.
My wife was asleep, her head on my chest,
My daughter beside me, angelic in rest.
Outside the snow fell, a blanket of white,
Transforming the yard to a winter delight.
The sparkling lights in the tree I believe,
Completed the magic that was Christmas Eve.
My eyelids were heavy, my breathing was deep,
Secure and surrounded by love I would sleep.
In perfect contentment, or so it would seem,
So I slumbered, perhaps I started to dream.

The sound wasn't loud, and it wasn't too near,
But I opened my eyes when it tickled my ear.
Perhaps just a cough, I didn't quite know,
Then the sure sound of footsteps outside in the snow.
My soul gave a tremble, I struggled to hear,
And I crept to the door just to see who was near.
Standing out in the cold and the dark of the night,
A lone figure stood, his face weary and tight.

A soldier, I puzzled, some twenty years old,
Perhaps a Marine, huddled here in the cold.
Alone in the dark, he looked up and smiled,
Standing watch over me, and my wife and my child.
"What are you doing?" I asked without fear,
"Come in this moment, it's freezing out here!
Put down your pack, brush the snow from your sleeve,
You should be at home on a cold Christmas Eve!"

For barely a moment I saw his eyes shift,
Away from the cold and the snow blown in drifts..
To the window that danced with a warm fire's light,
Then he sighed and he said "Its really all right,
I'm out here by choice. I'm here every night."
"It's my duty to stand at the front of the line,
That separates you from the darkest of times.
No one had to ask or beg or implore me,
I'm proud to stand here like my fathers before me.
My Gramps died at ' Pearl on a day in December,"
Then he sighed, "That's a Christmas 'Gram always remembers."
My dad stood his watch in the jungles of 'Nam',
And now it is my turn and so, here I am.
I've not seen my own son in more than a while,
But my wife sends me pictures, he's sure got her smile.

Then he bent and he carefully pulled from his bag,
The red, white, and blue... an American flag.
I can live through the cold and the being alone,
Away from my family, my house and my home.
I can stand at my post through the rain and the sleet,
I can sleep in a foxhole with little to eat.
I can carry the weight of killing another,
Or lay down my life with my sister and brother..
Who stand at the front against any and all,
To ensure for all time that this flag will not fall."

"So go back inside," he said, "harbor no fright,
Your family is waiting and I'll be all right."
"But isn't there something I can do, at the least,
"Give you money," I asked, "or prepare you a feast?
It seems all too little for all that you've done,
For being away from your wife and your son."
Then his eye welled a tear that held no regret,
"Just tell us you love us, and never forget.
To fight for our rights back at home while we're gone,
To stand your own watch, no matter how long.
For when we come home, either standing or dead,
To know you remember we fought and we bled.
Is payment enough, and with that we will trust,
That we mattered to you as you mattered to us."

Taken from http://www.chucknorris.com/html/christian.aspx

Don K

Thanks Warbird, that was nice and so true.
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

brdmkr

Thanks from me and my family as well.  We had a special service at our church this morning.  I was amazed at the number that either have served or are currently serving.    May we never take our veterans for granted.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Haytrader

Thanks for the thank yous.
It means a lot.
Haytrader

pineywoods

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

jjmk98k

Just as i expected... you guys know that Veterans day is so much more than "just a day off" or a "good sale" day for those shoppers.

14 years working on the Air Force A-10.... and I can't see myself every doing anythign else.... this is what i love, it makes me who i am.

The "Veterans" here ( me included) appreciate the thoughts.....

Jim
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Radar67

Many thanks for all your thoughts. The last few lines of that poem says it all for me.

Many have given the ultimate sacrific for our country, still many serve or have served because it is the right thing to do. To have people recognize what it takes to do the job makes it worth the things we miss. Some miss the births of their children, the birthdays, the anniversaries, family vacations and even the everyday things many take for granted. During my first five years of active duty, I averaged 280 days per year away from home for training, missions, and such. It is a hard life at times, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Thanks for taking the time to recognize our efforts.

Jim, welcome home!
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

faronskid

A big thank you from me and my family to all of those who have served and to those who are serving now.  All the kids at our church did a special program for Veteran's Day.  It was very touching because they were all so sencere. 
5 rugrats = no dull moments here

sawguy21

Yesterday I held out my hand to a very elderly Legion member and said I wanted to thank him. I mentioned about my father and grandfather having served in the world wars. He smiled, stood up a little straighter and said "Yup, you get it, don't you". Yes, I certainly do.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

fuzzybear

I would also like to say Thank You to my fellow brothers and sisters across the world that served their countries.
All gave some...some gave all.
My brothers lost are a constant reminder to me and my familly just how lucky I am to be alive and enjoying my freedom. I will never forget the sacrifice they made.
To all present and future vets I say...keep the faith, yours is not the glorious path, but it is unfortunatlly still needed.
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Thank You Sponsors!