iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum Navigation Help

Started by Percy, November 14, 2018, 09:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

I have a mac and use Chrome as a browser. On the tabs up above the screen, the Forestry Forum Logo(Little green tree) has a red circle over the bottom of it with a number in it. Usually "2" but has been as high as 4. I have hunted high and low to see what it is notifying me about but so far no luck....Anyone have this and know what its for??
Thx
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Southside

I can just hover over the tree and click on the links it shows, PM's, quotes, etc.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Percy

Quote from: Southside logger on November 14, 2018, 10:01:26 AM
I can just hover over the tree and click on the links it shows, PM's, quotes, etc.
It must be some setting on my computer Im screwing up...I hover and it shows whatever Im doing on the forum . Right now, it shows "Post Reply". The little number also shows up on my bookmarks for the forum. I think it could be useful if I could just figure out what Im doing wrong... ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

DPatton

Percy,

I took a look at mine and it had the #4 in the red circle. Best I could interpret it was showing me the number of alerts I have, however I couldn't figure out what it is alerting me to ;D.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Magicman

Not "alerts" Doug, "Notifications".  Click on the little tree on the left of the number.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

btulloh

Maybe in Chrome you have to turn notifications on for the FF.  I'm a little hazy on the notification thing in Chrome.  Mine works the way Percy's does.  So far I haven't been too concerned with it.  Personally I don't find them desirable.  Maybe I'm missing out.
HM126

Magicman

You also have to turn "Notifications" on with Firefox. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!