iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CPG

Started by bandmiller2, September 28, 2009, 06:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Thats cords per gal. I have never used a machine that does so much work so fast with so little fuel than a chainsaw.Anyone that has cut much wood with a handsaw knows the chainsaw is a gift from the gods.We tend to forget and take things for granted.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

celliott

This is very true.  Anyone who has ever tried blocking wood with a crosscut saw can attest to that.  there is a reason they were called "misery whips" :D :D :D
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

tonto

Amen. Couldn't imagine doing it any other way. Tonto.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

Captain

most folks just can't imagine how fast a properly sharpened and operated professional grade chainsaw cuts either....

Ironwood

Captain  :D ;D

Sure agree w/ that one. Nieghbor used my Husky after his St--- got "dull", glad I was standing there to see the look on his face which turned from amazement to disbelief as he then thought of the countless cords he had cut over the years with a SAD tool for the job. Saw was OK, but really old. The chain and his sharpening attempts where VERY sad, combine that w/ a slow rpm machine and you have a,.... well bad combo.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

D._Frederick

The old dragsaws were not that much slower cutting rounds off of a 4-5 foot log, they would give a 100 cc saw real race. What took time was moving and dogging down the saw after each cut. The old Wade saw would run all day on 2 gallons.

Thank You Sponsors!