iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Are Stihl 066 oil tanks hard to find?

Started by fishpharmer, October 05, 2009, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

I found, what I think is a good deal on an 066 but the guy says the chain broke and put a hole in the oil tank.  He fixed with epoxy.  Any info would be great. 

I know very little about 066 except I want one. ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Red 93 L1 #3383

At work I fixed our Husky 372's oil tank with J.B. Weld.  After almost two years of service since then still no leaks.
Stihl's: 2-064AV's, 020T, MS 310
'93 Ford F-150 Lightning, '94 F-150 4x4, '92 F-150 4x4 '80 F-150 EFI 7.5L, '04 Expedition (Wife's)

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Al_Smith

Another option for repairing a leaker is Loctite 5900 RTV . This is not your average gooey stuff you buy at the auto parts store in a little squeeze tube  that won't seal anything .

This stuff is used in the auto industry in place of gaskets for oil pans,front engine covers and the like . It sets up about the consistancy of an o-ring . In addtion it stays somewhat resiliant and won't shake apart from vibrations like JB weld does after a while .It's a tad bit pricey but works like a charm . I recently repaired the oil tank on an 038 Mag with this stuff .

rebocardo

> Loctite 5900 RTV

Where do you buy yours?

Thank You Sponsors!