iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interesting way to haul stuff.

Started by ADAMINMO, August 24, 2007, 03:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

This is what happens when the old Shih Tzu dog Griffin gets in the car before the German Shepard puppy Libby.

Lady Liberty was born 2 years ago on July 4th.  Libby
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

We had 2 dogs for a while. Dew,the old dog,taught Pumpkin what side of the car was his. He flipped her right over so fast. Dew did not like Pumpkin at all. For months we did not even dare to leave them alone. Dew gave Pumpkin A LOT of tough love.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: doc henderson on January 10, 2019, 03:55:25 PM
The manufacturer will not recommend this but I have been told you can haul some lumber on your portable sawmill.  I would only do that with great caution.  I prob. overloaded my gooseneck a time or two.  this load only moved 2 blocks from a local church clearing a maple for a parking lot,
Doc,

I have seen various warnings here against hauling anything on the mill because of tagging regulations. My state classifies my mill as a piece of mobile equipment and I do not have to buy a license plate. If I used it to haul anything besides the mill now it becomes a trailer and I could be dinged to buy a license plate. Be sure to check your regulations accordingly.

I remember hauling 21' sections of chain link fence top rail pipe on my trailer mounted johnboat. I was putting a fence around our rural church cemetery near Albany Ga. They did not have water at the cemetery to mix the cement for the post holes so I stopped at the boat landing on the way, removed the stern plug and backed it down into the water till about 1/4 full, put the stern plug in to hold the water and drove it to the cemetery. it worked great, I could push the wheelbarrow of dry mix under the drain, remove the plug till I had the right mix. When done I took the plug out and drove home and it was dry by the time I got home. Most of us who fish have left that plug out by mistake but this case it served a different purpose.

When Hurricane Hugo was headed up the coast and I was working on the USMC base getting ready for it my wife called from home asked what to do with the boat and I told her put the plug in and fill it with the hose. Added enough weight to hold it down and gave me a reserve of water to flush toilets and such in case of an outage.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

doc henderson

I do not see a need to try that either!  Good thinking on the boat for a water trailer / reservoir. :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

TKehl

I once hauled 3.5 cars on a 16' trailer and about 30 batteries in the bed to scrap with a ½ ton truck and no trailer brakes.   :o  Had a real good view of the sky.  ;D  Granted they were light cars (Civic, 2 MG B's, and a cut up Cherokee body) and had been stripped pretty good, but my weight ticket was about 17k lbs...  Won't do that again! 

Wisdom comes when you survive being dumb.  Amiright!   ;)
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Magicman

I did it once and didn't get caught.

The customer had one Cypress log at his residence and no way to haul it to the location where the other logs were.  I loaded the log up and away we went.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

MM you live in a beautiful part of the country.  I agree, should only be done with caution.  Not too far, and not too heavy,  not too rough of terrain.  Might torque your frame, and if you are in an accident on a public road even if not you fault, someone may make a big deal out of it.

Kwill

Here is a couple of my good ones.
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

Thank You Sponsors!