iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cleaning Advice for CB-EC2400

Started by Bob Lentz, October 25, 2012, 06:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Lentz

Looking for suggestions on tools/tips for cleaning my CB E-Classic 2400 - Specifically the heat exchanger.
Chimney brushes? Scrappers?
What works the best?
eClassic-2400
Triangle Tube Backup (Propane)
Heating 6500 sqft house and small pool

boilerman101

I just use the poker rod to slide along the walls of my 2400 to knock the dust off. I accumulate very little ash/dust in my exchanger as most of the ash just falls back down into the reaction chamber on its own. In 2 heating seasons this has never been an issue in my unit.  In fact, I only do it at the end of the heating season upon shutdown. Seems to pretty much clean itself.

forest

I use a four foot piece of 2 x 4 to take off the dry dust and build up. It doesn't take off the black dry substance that has formed a thin layer over the metal. CB sells a brush which I am planning of purchasing sometime, but I doubt that it will work much better than a 2x4. good luck with your search.

Roger2561

On my CB EC1400 I made a scraper using 2 pieces of threaded rod coupled together attached to a 4 inch by 1 and 1/2 inch piece of aluminum to run down the sides of the heat exchanger.  It looks funny as hell, but it works great.  I scrape my heat exchanger once a month.  I don't think I have to do that but what the heck, I'm in the area cleaning other parts of the OWB so what's a couple more minutes?  Roger   
Roger

Ohiowood

I use a hoe that I bent a little to get a better angle. Used for the fire box and heat exchanger. Works great!

Thank You Sponsors!