iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bad day in Tampa

Started by Raider Bill, June 29, 2010, 02:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jun/29/291310/tampa-police-officer-shot-suspect-sought/news-metro/

2 Tampa Cops shot and killed last night. Routine traffic stop with misd. warrant.

Both leave familes. One's wife went into labor this morning after hearing the news.

Sad sad
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

scgargoyle

It's been happening much too much around here lately.  :(
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Raider Bill

That's Tampas 2nd and 3rd in one year. Polk Co had 2 shot but not killed last week.

DanG

DanG DanG DanG! >:( :'(

This is becoming all too common!  There are certain elements out there that think absolutely nothing of busting a cap on somebody, whether it is a Cop, another crook, or just an innocent bystander.  A guy in Tallahassee shot and killed another guy last week simply because he mistakenly called him by the wrong name.  I left Tallahassee 15 years ago because of this sort of thing.  Even back then, I couldn't sit on my porch at night for more than a half-hour without hearing gunshots.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Tallahassee and Tampa will be trying to gather up all the guns again.  You see how the fool things kill people.

Raider Bill

They still haven't caught the guy. I hope the Polk Co Sheriff finds him. Last time they found a cop killer they shot him 68 times. when asked why that many the Sheriff stated because that's all the bullets we had.

http://crime.about.com/b/2006/10/02/florida-cop-killer-shot-68-times.htm

ellmoe

I just found out tonight that  one of the officers lived in my county and that his father in law was is a customer of mine. His dad in law had bought some recreation property here a few years ago and the family like it so much they decided to move up here. About a year ago I sold my customer an oak floor for his new home. Officer Curtis helped me unload the flooring. He is survived by his widow and four sons, the youngest 9 mos old. Dave enjoyed the outdoors, particulary taking his sons fishing in the several old mine pits on the  property.
    This was already a trajedy in my eyes. Now it is even more so.

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Raider Bill

It was a terrible day for everyone. These are the second and third Cops Tampa has lost in 10 months.They finally caught the guy. Turns out he was wanted for another murder and is a suspect in 2 more. He's a gangbanger [bloods].
This shooting went down so fast that neither had even drawn their guns.

Thank You Sponsors!