iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A trip to Uncle Jack's

Started by DanG, October 13, 2004, 08:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

My Son-in-Law's Uncle Jack saves logs for us. I've been over there about a half-dozen times and always brought home a nice load. Here's what we got today. 4 nice 24' longleaf pine logs.  ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Furby

So where does "Uncle Jack" get the logs from???

Jeff

Looks to me like somewhere betweenst the house and da trailer.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

::)
Oh, brother! ::) ::) ::)
 ;D ;D ;D

DanG

Nawp!  That's my house and trailer....er...house trailer. :-/  I took that shot after we got home.  Uncle Jack lives in one of those areas where folks bought 2 acre lots in the woods. When his neighbors cut trees down in their yards, he's johnny on the spot with his little tractor to drag them home, then he calls us. I think these trees came from his own yard, though.

Most of them trees you see in the background is going into my new house. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Norm

Is that your kiln in the background Dan. ;)

DanG

Yup. That's the basis of it, anyway. I have some round tuits on backorder.

Thank You Sponsors!