iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pruning ladder

Started by Michigan, October 16, 2004, 10:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michigan

Can someone here direct me to a site where I could purchase a ladder for pruning in forest conditions. Don't want the 3 legged orchard type. I was looking for aluminum with a m bracket on top if thats the correct term? Only luck so far was a company in NZ, yikes to much to ship here. Thanks for any help.

Dan

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kevin

Dan;
What are you pruning?

Frank_Pender

If you go to Mark Havel's, www.FutureForestry.com site you will find a very unique unit that you simply place against the tree and strap it down.  You then climb upon a bicycle type seat and begin to peddle up the tree.  I have watched him do it a number of times and it is slick.  I suggested he put a small battery powered motor for some of us older folks. 8)
Frank Pender

SwampDonkey

There is the odd fellow with some spare time here that like to prune white ash in small stands. They use pole pruners as far up as they can reach. They don't go much higher since its the butt log that's of most value. These are 30 - 50 year old trees. Its more of a hobby to them than anything.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!