iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Attention all Western Ky. Loggers

Started by CCC4, February 23, 2014, 12:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCC4

I know there are a quite a few loggers from Kentucky on this forum. I need to get the "low down" on logging in Western Kentucky area. I used to stay the Summers in the Benton/Paducah area but I was a little boy then and don't remember too much about the area. Here are some questions I would like to throw out there and see if I could get some answers. Thanks Men!

Couple of questions....

1) Is there  sustainable logging in Western Kentucky?

2) Is there enough steep/rough ground to where a Faller can make a nice comfortable career?

3) Any known contact points I could research?...such as very well established logging outfits that I might be able to reach and ask questions?

4) If you know of other big logging being done "near" Western Kentucky....where is it?

Thank you VERY much Men in advance for your help and answers! Thank you!

mills

I cut on the east side of Owensboro, so I'm a little farther east than the area your talking about. Send me a pm if your wanting information from up this way.

CCC4

Kemper

I live about 30 min from Benton, there is plenty of logging and a few people still fall with a chainsaw, but not to many. Most of us use cutting machines. Not that much step ground here.

:)
Quote from: CCC4 on February 23, 2014, 12:34:06 PM
I know there are a quite a few loggers from Kentucky on this forum. I need to get the "low down" on logging in Western Kentucky area. I used to stay the Summers in the Benton/Paducah area but I was a little boy then and don't remember too much about the area. Here are some questions I would like to throw out there and see if I could get some answers. Thanks Men!

Couple of questions....

1) Is there  sustainable logging in Western Kentucky?

2) Is there enough steep/rough ground to where a Faller can make a nice comfortable career?

3) Any known contact points I could research?...such as very well established logging outfits that I might be able to reach and ask questions?

4) If you know of other big logging being done "near" Western Kentucky....where is it?

Thank you VERY much Men in advance for your help and answers! Thank you!

Birchwood Logging

If your looking for some steep ground and some good hard wood timber come over to eastern ky we have plenty of timber I've got jobs stacking up booked for about 2 years lol just a thought
John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

Nemologger

Clean and Sober

CCC4

It would just depend on what the job is, what was required of me as far as saws, chains, bar oil and saw gas. I would like to bushel...but the timber would have to be right. I guess what I am saying is there are a lot of variables...oh I forgot location seems to vary the wages and I would expect to start at what ever the "going rate" is in the region.

I feel like if you don't blow yourself up demanding high wages, you will stay in more work.

CCC4

Thank you fellas for the replies! Much appreciated!

Thank You Sponsors!