iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Purchased a "New" Garrett 21A

Started by Breithaupts, June 06, 2017, 01:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breithaupts

Brand new to the forum and this is my first post!  Have read posts for years, but finally signed up!

Purchased a "New"...Well new to me, Garrett 21A Line Skidder this weekend and a truck to haul it.  Anyone know how to determine the year of a machine?  I'm guessing late 70's??  Love that it has the newer body style from the straight 21, and is similar to the 25, and 30's, but still has the standard transmission and no powershift to break down and cost $10K to rebuild.   Just a plain old Ford 4-Speed.  It has a reverser, and just freshly rebuild 353 screamin Jimmy with a month left on the warranty!  The machine is in great condition and a real beauty so far, but ask me about  a year from now and I may answer differently.  Looking for a brush rake if anyone happens to know of one, and also a set of bear claw chains for the front end.  The tires are all pretty tired, but can't buy new ones now, so the old ones will have to do.  I will go real easy on the ole' girl overall!  I think the tires are 18.4 -26 size but they are so worn down that it is impossible to see the size.    Anyone know of a few new/used tires for sale around western Washington??  thanks- John

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

welcome to the FF where are you from

Breithaupts

Thanks for the kind welcome gents!  I am from Tacoma, Washington (The Evergreen State).  Tacoma is about 30 miles south of the Emerald City...haha (Seattle).  Are you fellow Garrett skidder lovers?

thanks - John

mad murdock

Welcome Breithaupts! Congrats on the Garrett 8) I have a model 15A. Mine is a 1964 model Treefarmer. Your 21A is an awesome machine! Can't wait to see some pics of it 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Breithaupts

I did post some photos in my gallery of my 21 A.  Can you see them?  Not the most user friendly site I have seen, but I really like the people.  What is the difference between the 15 and 15A?  Didn't know there was a difference?  Maybe the gearmatic Model 8A and 9 winch maybe?  I looked at several 15's and have owned 3 or 4 15's.  The last one was a front end loader and I really regret selling her...Ugh.  really like the 21 A I found and it is capable of pulling any log...even a big 36 or 40' log w a 40" butt.  Ready to start 8 acres in Sequim soon!  real nice timber with lots of nice Cedar!  Let me know if you can see the pics of my machine. I pain cash and own the skidder and truck outright so that feels real nice.  Any good  idea for a tire dealer in the Pacific with good pricing?  Thanks - John B

mad murdock

All you need to do is go t your gallery, select the pic you want, scroll down to the link and put it in your post.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

tantoy

Look good bre, are you working it a job near Tacoma? I live in graham and have a model 20. Check out my gallery and welcome to FF.
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

mike_belben

Nice machine.  Whats with the gapdeck bed its on?
Praise The Lord

Woodhauler

Quote from: mike_belben on June 17, 2017, 12:33:53 PM
Truck appears to be a old beverage hauling truck. They had the funky frames.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Puffergas

Quote from: Woodhauler on June 17, 2017, 01:53:20 PM
Quote from: mike_belben on June 17, 2017, 12:33:53 PM
Truck appears to be a old beverage hauling truck. They had the funky frames.
The pto shaft must drag on the ground.

Nice skidder. I can feel the excitement from here!
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Gary Davis

the garrett 15 is gas the 15a is diesel

Thank You Sponsors!