iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One horsepower splitter

Started by r.man, February 24, 2013, 05:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.man

Makes you wonder how hp and horses are related. They should probably have chosen another name.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcirMxYtAO8
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

jdonovan

hard to shut that down in a hurry if something goes wrong.

Al_Smith

Whoa I think is emergency stop on that machine .Giddy-up is go .That version has omitted gee and haw ,not needed .

John Mc

Looks like a super split, minus the motor. Not so hard to shut down. The pto shaft is spinning a flywheel. The rack that drives the ram is not engaged to the pinion driven by the flywheel unless you hit the engagement lever
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

r.man

I wonder if that one is in their catalogue? I suppose that would be an extra market for them if the machine was sanctioned Amish friendly. Does anyone know if there is an umbrella agency/church group that would do that or is it on a church/area by area basis?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

John Mc

I touched base with SuperSplit. Their comment was "It is one of ours.  He doesn't buy a lot from us but a few per year."

I wonder if Logrite will be offering one of their "firewoodinators" based on this 1 HP splitter?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!