iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cut my Ash trees.....

Started by Just Me, April 02, 2011, 07:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Me

Cut down my Ash trees. Didn't really want to but the EAB had them. Just three trees, two good ones and one leaner that didn't amount to much. Got a thousand feet out of basically two trees. Cut them up on my buddys Corley, and that was fun for me as I had never been around a circle mill. I have used band mills, and I have to say given a choice I would rather offbare off of a band mill. Chad worked my but off, but in about four hours it was done. Stickered and ready for the kiln. It was a neat learning experiance for me.

Magicman

I wish you hada posted some pictures, but I know we often get busy doing what we are doing.  What dimensions did you saw?  What will it be used for?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Just Me

Tried for multiples of 4" because I am going to make flooring for my new house out of it. After it is dried I will run it on the jointer/tablesaw/planer/shaper. We didn't exactly quarter saw but did a lot of flipping to get better cuts. Some of the logs were so big we couldn't flip them on the carrage, we had to roll them off on the loader forks and set them back on. One of the trees was over 48" because a 24" bar would not go to the middle.

I really wasn't ready to do this but the trees were infected and it was now or they were firewood.

Sorry about no pics, I'm still on windows 98/dialup, and just can't at the moment. New house is sucking up all my cash, and lately there is not much of that around.

Larry

thecfarm

Don't know about 98' slowing you down,but when I was on dial up loading pictures to my gallery was quicker than viewing some on the posts.Takes time to do the steps,but the download part was quick. Good luck with your house. Try the pictures,I think you will be happy with the outcome of the speed. Than years from now you can look back on your progress right here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

Offbearers can get pretty cocky on a handset circular when your slabbing and figguring but when you get a cant and keep the carriage moving  it will put them on their knees. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!