iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

IMPORTANT FORUM ANNOUNCMENT

Started by Jeff, December 28, 2017, 03:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Planman1954

Hi Jeff! I have a question. Is it too much trouble to go back to 10 pages of recent posts vs. the 5 we have now? I don't log on as often, and I know I miss a lot. Just a question...no criticism. Thanks.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

thecfarm

I have to use this now.

Instructions: Click on code below to highlight, then right click and select copy (Ctrl c). This will copy the code below to your "clipboard". You may now paste this code where ever you would like the above photo to appear when making your post.

Than when I preview it is there.
I can not use the button that says,Insert Image In Post.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Klicker

Is there an easy way to delete photos that are not used in post. As loading the same photo when trying to learn how to load and post photos. Some of us still have a hard time tying our boots :D
2006 LT 40 HD

thecfarm

Well yes and no.
You have to make sure the picture you are deleting is not the one you used in a post. There is a delete button when you click onto to post a pictures. I think there are more when you edit one too.

BUT you have to make sure that picture does not have a link to a post.  :P   :P  and  :P
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Klicker

Is there a way to tell what one was use in a post :-\
2006 LT 40 HD

Magicman

Kinda.  Go to the reply where you posted a picture, click on "Modify", you can now see the file# of the picture that you posted.

I am not having any problems posting pictures.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Quote from: Planman1954 on January 14, 2018, 03:33:20 PM
Hi Jeff! I have a question. Is it too much trouble to go back to 10 pages of recent posts vs. the 5 we have now? I don't log on as often, and I know I miss a lot. Just a question...no criticism. Thanks.

I just went and looked as I can still access the old forum. There has been no change in what it was. It is 5 at the old forum too.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

MM,just trying to help others.
Lucky I can do as much as I can with my dinosaur computer. Might have to swap to another system. Google map don't like me. Facebook always has something to say and youtube is wondering about me too.  ;D
BUT,I have not tried to reset anything yet either. Most times this thing gets reset daily.  ;D

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on January 14, 2018, 01:50:24 PM

........now I can put pix in my gallery but can't post them in a thread.

No picture? It didn't happen!     :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

DDW_OR

"let the machines do the work"

caudlefarm

Quote from: Jeff on January 14, 2018, 04:46:09 PM
Quote from: Planman1954 link=topic=99320.msg1541351#msg1541351
date=1515962000

I just went and looked as I can still access the old forum. There has been no change in what it was. It is 5 at the old forum too.

Jeff

10 pages would be good if not to much trouble. Get behind sometimes

Thanks Lesley
1997 cook ac36 sawmill. 96 lull 644b-37. 1995 international 4700. 1999 873F bobcat. 2 MS880 stihl. 2 064 stihl. MS261 stihl chainsaws

Jeff

Quote from: caudlefarm on January 14, 2018, 07:40:51 PM

Jeff

10 pages would be good if not to much trouble. Get behind sometimes

Thanks Lesley

I've looked into this before, and I want to quote my findings from one of the software engineers that designed and developed our software when someone else was insisting they help him do what you guys are asking for.

Quote from: Kindred on August 06, 2017, 06:49:42 PM
I don't think that you understand what you are asking for.

The "recent posts" request is one of the most "expensive" database requests (in terms of server processing power)
This has been PURPOSEFULLY limited to avoid overloading servers... and having people's accounts suspended by hosts for overuse of shared system resources.

We don't have to worry about accounts suspended here, because this is not a shared server, it is OUR server, however, we don't want to have it stall out because we increased the load on something we should not tinker with.

Peter Drouin

Just tried to put a pix here.
Tried a bunch of ways no go.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Darrel

Ok, I'll try.

Clicked "insert image in post" nothing happened.

Copied and pasted.

Using Safari on my iPad.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Jeff

It has to be something cached in your computers referring to the old server or something. I put this in with a click. Others have as well.  THe work around is certainly just to copy and paste the code into the post.

Darrel

I'll try again after clearing all things cached.

Nope.

I'll try one more thing.

Yup!
What I had to do was go to safari settings and clear cache and history then restart my iPad.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This is a test post. Administrator can delete if you wish.

I posted pics as usual from my Mac using Safari.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

btulloh

test - PC/Windows7/Chrome

Worked using "Insert image into post" just like it did before.  It didn't work the first time though.  It did work on the second try.
HM126

btulloh

I hope I don't catch whatever POSTON's log has got. That thing is funky.
HM126

Thank You Sponsors!