iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Working for Peas... beans.. chicken sandwich... UH! Nothing? (merged thread)

Started by getoverit, January 12, 2006, 09:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro. Noble

I flew on an old DC-3 one time (I believe I posted about the 'facilities' of this bird a long time ago) and was a little apprehensive when the pilot said "They didn't tell me there were so many of you,  and this is an awful short runway,  so you four guys there go kneel down in the back and we'll see if we can get this thing off the ground" :o :o
milking and logging and sawing and milking

beenthere

Bro
I also remember those days, of moving around in a DC-3 to 'balance' the load. Limped across parts of Oregon and its mountains on one engine which was interesting to say the least. Other experiences too numerous to mention, but they were a fine plane in their day (and suspect some still flying, maybe even in CR).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

crtreedude

I'll have you know we have our own airlines here!

It is known as TACA

It is just a vicious rumor that it stands for:

Take A Chance Airlines...  :D

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Murf

Actually BT, there's more DC-3's still flying than you'd think.  ::)

Both the civie version and the mil. spec. version, the C-47 Skytrain, although unofficially known as the Gooney Bird, were produced in huge numbers, and continued flying longer than anyone could ever expect.

By the end of WWII there had been more than 10,000 of them built. The military kept flying them until 1975 in the US & until 1988 here in Canada. At the height of the war effort they were making nearly 2 an hour.

That means they were earning their keep for over 50 years!!

Douglass stopped keeping records in the 1960's but by then the whole fleet had already carried over 700 million passengers, and logged more than 100 billion miles. That would be by the way, the equivalent of 12 round trips to Pluto and side jaunt to the moon and back.

There is today, according to the registrations, still hundreds of them flying. Some nations still use them as miltary transports even.  ::)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Buzz-sawyer

Murf
Are you infering you flew IN to kill our friendly fury pals.....or do you limit it to attacking them with deputy dog?(squirrels)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Murf

:D @ da Buzzster........

Nope, da only flyin' squirrel attacks come from Deputy Dog's little sister, da Life of Rylie. Dat little gal jump like no dog I've ever seen'afore.  ::)

Although, the warm spell we had recently brought us a new visitor. Dis little feller (fellerette?) came out ta munch on some frizzin' apples dat fell of da trees.

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Radar67

I've got three of them mouses that like to hang out at the cat's feeding hole. My daughters even named them.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Murf

Quote from: Radar67 on February 05, 2006, 06:21:07 PM
My daughters even named them. Stew

I nearly did the same thing, an' called it 'stew' meself, but da meesus threatened ta whoopticate me if I did.

I figger da little bugger lives on fruit an berries, prolly taste alright.  :D  :D  :D

woodbowl

Quote from: Murf on February 06, 2006, 11:23:36 AM

I figger da little bugger lives on fruit an berries, prolly taste alright. 

Murf, ................. hate to tell ya buddy. They don't live on fruit and berries.   ::)  However ....... they will eat fruit and berries, among other things. They will eat anything. ANYTHING! The farmer across the road had a cow to die a while back, and three weeks later ............... oh never mind.  :-X :-X
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

pigman

woodbowl, I know a lot of people that will eat a dead cow. ;D  It is called steaks and hamburger. ;D  If a person tries to eat a live cow they will kick.  ::) 
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

woodbowl

Quote from: pigman on February 06, 2006, 09:33:09 PM

woodbowl, I know a lot of people that will eat a dead cow. ;D  It is called steaks and hamburger. ;D  If a person tries to eat a live cow they will kick.  ::) 

OK pigman .......... you asked for it. That possum went in one end and came out the other.   smiley_goofy_face  I've got to get gone now.   smiley_horserider
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Murf

Quote from: woodbowl on February 06, 2006, 11:29:39 PM
Quote from: pigman on February 06, 2006, 09:33:09 PM

OK pigman .......... you asked for it. That possum went in one end and came out the other.    smiley_goofy_face  I've got to get gone now.   smiley_horserider

Dats Ok, WB, I know people siddle up ta' da' all-you-can-eat buffet an do pretty near da same thing.  :D

Buzz-sawyer

Quote from: Radar67 on February 05, 2006, 06:21:07 PM
I've got three of them mouses that like to hang out at the cat's feeding hole. My daughters even named them."Stew"
WEL how did they taste in that stew?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Murf

If ya do a search by something like "possum recipes" ya'll git a whack of ways ta fix it, can't be too bad fer eatin' if'n thar's so many ways ta' fix it.  ::)

Mind ya tho', der's a heap o' recipes fer da various kinds o' cattle feed dat gits jawed about here some too so mebbe dat isn't da best way ta tell.  :D

thurlow

Never wanted to eat one-a-them possums;  old fellow who once worked for my Dad said that they grinned too much;  he thought they knew "something".    Some folks did eat them when I was  a kid;  they'd  put them in a pen and feed 'em shelled corn for a couple of weeks;  bake them with some sweet taters just like you would  a racoon...........yee-hah......
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Mr Mom

never ate possim but a couple of guys coon hunt. They work in cleveland and one of the co-workers is african-Ameracain asked what they do with the meat?? He said that they just throw it away. The guy said that he would take as much as they could bring him. The guy said that it was good eating. I have coons around my house but i dont think i will eat any. :-X :-X :-X

thanks alot Mr Mom

Buzz-sawyer

NOW
I have killed and eaten a lot of different animals...muskrats, coyote, racoon, beaver......on and on..........but I always shyed away from possum.....I always said,"It is the only animal that SMELLS like it is dead....before it is"George is a stinker now 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Murf

Hey Buzz, if'n ya want anudder coyote ta eat I got a fresh one for ya' here .......

Da poor dumb bugger jogged out in front of me this mornin' on da way ta' coffee hour(s) .....  :o

Ford 1, Coyote 0 ........   :-[

In case anyone is remotely curious, a snowplow doing 50mph will launch a Coyote over the ditch, the fence and about a further 50' out into a field, and then there's a few bounces & a roll just fer good measure.

I doubt he even knew what hit him, he didn't even twitch when he finally came to a stop.   :'(

jpgreen

-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Murf

No, but I think the coyote had the word "Western" in reverse on his back-side.  :o

I never posted it but I got a skunk and a pokey-pine too...... the DanG skunk stunk up my blade so bad I had to wash it twice before it stopped stinkin the place up.

The pokey-pine got pretty good distance too, we had a warm spell then a late season snow, I guess he woke up hungry and went lookin for some lunch. He ain't never gonna be hungry again.  ::)

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Thank You Sponsors!