iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cut my first 8X8 today...

Started by sbishop, April 23, 2006, 07:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbishop

well I did it...it wasn't that bad... one down , 9 more to go...i've got at least 2 months before I need them..so I will try and cut a few a week...

I posted a pic in my gallery!!!!!! (first time too  ;D)

Thanks to all you answer my questions!~

Sbishop

getoverit

Looks like you figured it out !!

congrats !

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

sbishop

yes..but I haven't figure out how to post a pic in my post...can you elaborate?

Thanks

Sbishop

Part_Timer

Congrats on the 8x8's.  Looks like the only way they could be better is if ya had 3 or 4 neighbor kids to move them.

photos in your post.

Go into the additional options
click here for member gallery
click on "my gallery"
click on picture you want
click where it says"copy insertion code"
go back to your post and right click where you want the pic and hit paste.

Hope that made sence.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

sawguy21

DanG has a good tutorial on posting pics in Behind the Forum. It works except I can't save the cropped image. Puter god tells me it is a read only file ???
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

highpockets

sawguy21 if you had burned the photo to a cd it probably is read only. Go to explorer and right click on the file, choose properties and change it to an archive file, save.   
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

sbishop

Thanks part_timer....got it!

Sbishop

sawguy21

Thanks highpockets, I'll try that. It was not burned to a CD but was on a shared file with Kodak EasyShare where I upload my photos.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sbishop

one more question, Should I seal the ends of these 8"X8"? someone told me that they could crack? is this true? thanks

Sbishop

Dan_Shade

looks good, i'd seal them up with some sort of wax :)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Lud

Get some Anchorseal - only way to go.  You'll find contacts if you doo a search.

I got a  old roller and took a couple of those rectangular liquid detergent jugs,  one I cut most of the top off and the other I cut about a third of the bottom off of .  I filled about a quarter full with anchor seal and put the roller inside and then "put the lid on" , sliding the bottomless jug down over the topless (keeps it from spilling or drying out.  Any time I go to cut logs ,  I take it with me and seal them as soon as I cut them.  Helps a lot. 8) 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Thank You Sponsors!