iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hud-son band sharpener

Started by LPitt, January 05, 2011, 10:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

CS, I know I've not sharpened the numbers of blades you have, but I've sharpened a little over 200 blades on my Cat's Claw.

What are you finding that loosens up.  I check mine over every once in a while and find nothing out of adjustment or loose.

Just wondering what to start looking for.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

barbender

Thanks for the info customsawyer.
Too many irons in the fire

customsawyer

The last thing I had loosen up was the set screw that is in the nut you turn to adjust how far the blade is advanced when the cam turns. There is a small screw in the nut that you adjust to keep the big nut from moving a little while it is grinding of course I should have noticed that the sound of the grinding was changing from the start of the blade to the finish. In my defense sometimes I am cleaning blades with a side grinder and a wire brush while the grinding is going on. Like I posted before I don't know how much you can blame on the grinder and how much is my fault for not catching it as it happened. In defense of the grinder it has sharpened heaps of blades and is still going strong.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!