iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Something fishy is going on around my mill...

Started by Jeff, March 03, 2008, 04:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

No, not the lt30, the little one next to my perch in the living room. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Patty

Hey that is pretty cool.

Did you build it yourself?
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Jeff

Nope, its resin, found it in wally world several years ago. The little figures came from I dont know where.  I just was sitting there looking at the fish which I really enjoy, and thought I would try to take some photos. We have two small tanks. Th other one, on the other side of the room has our big old goldfish Oscar in it along with his little dark colored goldfish pal and an African algae eater.  That tank belongs to ice. She helps feed them everyday. :)

Ianab

No little sawmill, but I do have a log ornament in my tank, even has an occupant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpHGpXHmw4Q

There is actually 3 plecos in that tank but they each have their own hiding spot.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Coon

Jeff you had better watch what you do.  Dem animal rights activists might think you be trying to slave drive thems fish at dat der sawmill.  You don't need them crawlin' down your neck too sawdust is bad enough. :D :D :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Jeff

Quartlow

Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Furby

Underwater logging/sawing.......... what next? ::)

Jeff

Mooseherder

Ianab

Old thread, but I thought I would post a pic of the same fish now.

Thats the shy little Pleco fighting over the floating pellets with the baby Oscar that now shares the tank.

He's now about a foot long, and at least 7 years old, I've had him for 4 years.

The other fish is an Oscar cichlid that I got month ago. Was 2.5", now 4", in a month. Eats ANYTHING. Has a little wound on it's head right now from when a fly was sitting on the glass lid and it kept trying to catch it  ::)

Lara loves feeding it, but has learnt to drop the food, not hang on to it as it jumps up though the hole in the cover. Going to be a worry when it gets to 12" or so.  :D

Ian

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

beenthere

Yeah, right Ian

They just lost a trainer at Sea World to a big fish... ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Banjo picker

That Oscar will kill your other fish in due time...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Ianab

Quote from: Banjo picker on February 25, 2010, 08:47:26 PM
That Oscar will kill your other fish in due time...Tim

They will certainly eat anything that they even think they can cram into their mouth.

But it's only tankmate is a foot long Plecostumus, they are armour plated and spikey, like trying to swallow a cactus. It will be OK even with a full grown Oscar.

In the picture the catfish is trying to suck floating cichlid pellets from the surface, and batting the Oscar out of it's way with it's fins.

Ian

Norm

I had an oscar that killed everything else in his tank so he got the tank to himself. One morning I came down to feed him and found that he'd jumped out of the tank. I suggested a proper burial in the frying pan but nobody else thought much of the idea. :D

Thank You Sponsors!