iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

finder fees

Started by coxy, December 16, 2013, 08:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

does any one give them I have a guy that's got me a ton of work I have done little thing for him but not as much as he s done for me  he is happy but should I do more

Leigh Family Farm

Instead of a finders fee, I would get him a nice gift that he needs or really wants. I always feel that the unexpected gift goes a lot farther than cash. A mixed case of craft beers from a local brewery if he is a beer guy, some dried hickory or mesquite chips if likes smoking meats, or something along these lines would be a great surprise on a Friday afternoon. Just my two cents...
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

thecfarm

Do you have a warm garage for him to work on his vehicles? Does he need welding done at times?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Autocar

Ive always paid them ten percent of what I paid for the job with a thousand dollar cap.
Bill

stavebuyer

5% of the purchase price.

Ed_K

+ 1/2 half gal of maple syrup  ;D.(maple milk)
Ed K

Holmes

Quote from: Ed_K on December 16, 2013, 06:51:53 PM
+ 1/2 half gal of maple syrup  ;D.(maple milk)
I like the way you think.  8) great idea
Think like a farmer.

jwilly3879

Firewood works good around here or a hindquarter of venison. Fellow I worked with years ago gave away 5 gallon pails of bullheads to the oldtimers in exchange for a good word to the owner of the lot he was trying to buy.

coxy

Quote from: jwilly3879 on December 16, 2013, 07:05:21 PM
Firewood works good around here or a hindquarter of venison. Fellow I worked with years ago gave away 5 gallon pails of bullheads to the oldtimers in exchange for a good word to the owner of the lot he was trying to buy.
may be he did that so he wouldn't do any thing to you  :D :D :D sorry just picking a little fun ;D ;D

coxy

have dun a lot of little stuff   like bulldozing pulled some of his farm tractors out of the mud  up righted some hay wagons   so on so on     ill give him some summer sausage too I got 500lbs of beef from him cut and wraped for 600 bucks     may be its just the little things that mean so much ;D ;D  thanks for all your info

Firewoodjoe

10% we never had to worry about a cap with your everyday people

Komatsu_Mech1

Well what goes around comes around, and treating people as you wish to be treated can go along ways. Sounds like its working for you guys.   8)

SwampDonkey

Finder's fees also work with pre-commercial thinning lots.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

nedly05

Ive never done anything with a dollar value, we have a small maple operation so we give a lot of syrup away. Venison sometimes, sand, gravel, topsoil etc. These things seem to mean more to the guys we work with than cash.

barbender

I've given restaurant gift certificates to woodhaulers for being on the spot and putting up with my quirks ;)
Too many irons in the fire

jwilly3879

Whenever I see the trucker at a local eatery I'll stop and pay for his meal.

barbender

I guess the point is that people like to feel appreciated, I know I do, and that can mean more than a cash payment, not saying that the cash isn't appropriate sometimes.
Too many irons in the fire

SwampDonkey

I like to see on my pay cheque, that way I know I'm still employed. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ken

There have been times that a potential logging job did not interest me so I passed along the info to a much larger local chipping contractor.  If the job works out well for them I will get a cheque equal to 5% of the purchase price.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

BargeMonkey

Firewood or gravel does the trick every time. For every 10 woodlots people find me maybe 1-2 is even worth it, but its the thought that counts. Been having an epidemic recently of "one man show" loggers coming down desperate for work and running before they pay, gives us all a bad name.

coxy

Quote from: BargeMonkey on December 18, 2013, 04:39:13 PM
. Been having an epidemic recently of "one man show" loggers coming down desperate for work and running before they pay, gives us all a bad name.
ge thought it was only around here people did that  ;D

BargeMonkey

I lost 2 woodlots to one of these guys, nothing great but still food on my table. makes the rest of us look bad, and the homeowners saw nothing and where left with a mess. Where in E.NY are you located ?

coxy

just off rt 17 by roscoe

jwilly3879

Coxy, Back in 1994 my buddy and I came down from the Adks. to cut an oak and pine lot in Westbrookville during mud season, went back in the fall for some deer hunting. Quite different than hunting up here.

coxy

westbrookville is a mud pit in the summer if ya know what I mean never cut any thing down that way      now the permits are horrible bonds on top of bonds it takes around 15-18 grand to start the paper work      and in ellinville  is worse yet small guys cant afford it some towns you have to stay 30 ft from property line if its 5a you cant even turn the skidder around :D

Thank You Sponsors!