iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Highest quality lowest price aftermarket parts for Husqvarna

Started by twinstaxx, November 12, 2017, 11:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinstaxx

I have several saws I am rebuilding and was wondering about quality of different Chinese brands.
359 268 288 390
The 390 will need a crank

barbender

I rebuilt a Jred 2171 with an aftermarket "big bore" kit from Bailey's, 2 years later still all is well. Bailey's had a security breach and my credit card got fraudulent charges on it, that wasn't cool but the parts seem decent.
Too many irons in the fire

fordf150

P&C for husky have come way down in price. 346 and 55's are about $115, 371/372/372xtorq are all $170-200. those kinda prices it doesnt make sense to use cheap chinese parts

sawguy21

X2 It is not reasonable to expect OEM quality at aftermarket prices. The manufacturers spend millions on research and development, the offshore aftermarket shamelessly copies with inferior materials and manufacturing processes. I am not saying all aftermarket is bad, far from it, but generally we get what we pay for.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

barbender

When I rebuilt mine, an OEM p&c WAS upwards of $300 if I remember right.
Too many irons in the fire

celliott

My 2 cents, ask around, post a wanted ad, for used OEM parts for what you need. There's lots of guys that hoard parts, and I'd take a used OEM cylinder or crank over an aftermarket one anyday.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

fordf150

Quote from: barbender on November 13, 2017, 02:53:41 PM
When I rebuilt mine, an OEM p&c WAS upwards of $300 if I remember right.

I think the chinese counterfeit stuff was making a dent in sales and husky/stihl both recognized it because about 2 yrs ago they both seriously dropped some the P&C prices. odd thing is that husky never really dropped the piston prices, just the P&C prices while stihl dropped both then almost doubled the piston prices this spring.

twinstaxx

I Know the quality isn't an good as OEM. But if I have a saw that needs crank, cank bearings,seals,piston,and a cylinder I can either just trash it or put it together with cheap parts. Then when I come across OEM parts I can pick them up and swap them out. What I am asking is one company better that the rest. Are the more expensive China parts worth the extra money.

Can we  start a poll or ranking of them of best to worst. Personal experience not hear say please.

ehp

OEM for this guy , seen way to many aftermarket blow ups from other people for this old guy . Put in a cheap piston but the rest of the saw is fine then the cheap piston goes off like a bomb, now the cylinder, crankcase and piston is junk

weimedog

For the price difference it doesn't really make sense to go AM unless its cosmetic "crush repair" parts or parts NLA from the dealer. A few possible exceptions I guess but for the most part that's the best way to go. Meteor made some good top end parts. Also in a lot of situations, used OEM cleaned  up cylinders with new pistons is a way better option that AM. Couple of places I would avoid AM completely....ignitions being one. Carbs being another. Oils pumps (Bar oil). Fuel lines, cranks for Husqvarna 372's.....LOL beginning to add up!
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

JRWoodchuck

I had a similar question awhile back so I bought the cheapest big bore cylinder and piston I could find for my MS361. I know you asked about Husqy. I have cut probably 30 cord of wood with it and it seems to be great.
Home built bandsaw mill still trying find the owners manual!

Thank You Sponsors!