iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logging Arch for ATV

Started by DonT, October 15, 2002, 05:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonT

I am thinking of making a logging arch that can be used with an ATV.Anybody have plans or some ideas for me?  DonT

Kevin

Don, I DonT have any plans for the arch I had made but keep the wheel distance the same on the arch as it is on your bike so it rides in the same tracks.
The tongue height should be the same as the ball height on your bike as well.
Other than that, you`re on your own my son.  ;D

DonT

Thanks Kevin, I'll give it a try and see how things work out. DonT

Frank_Pender

DonT, you  might well go to the following sight for some smples of arches.  I know Mark personally.  His palce is about 15 miles from me, here in Oregon.    www.futureforestry.com :)  I have seen all of his designs work with atv's etc.  the only thing I will not use is the assender as it takes toooo much human power to go up a tree.  I told him I want one with a little gas motor to power me up the pole. 8)
Frank Pender

Jeff

Why is Mark not a member of this forum Neighbor?? :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ron Wenrich

Here's another site that you might get some ideas.  http://www.novajack.com/en/index.htm  Lots of ATV equipment.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Kevin

smwwoody

Bailey's also has a differn't looking one in thier Christmas Catalog  it should also be on thier website at www.baileys-online.com
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

IndyIan

I've been making a wooden version of this for my kingquad:

LONG LINK!

I'm using old 2x6's on edge with 45deg lap joint (which seems to be very strong) and plastic from 5 gallon pails from slippy stuff on the bottom.  I think it should be strong enough for 1000lb logs but I haven't finished it yet.

I was thinking about building an arch as well but I have no tools to work metal and the skidder plate has cost me $12 for the threaded rod and hardware so far.  I do need to buy some chains for securing the log to the skidder plate which will cost a bit more.  I'll post how well it works when its done.  

HARLEYRIDER

Anyone have experience with norwoods skidmate?  Looking to move some 20-25 ft hemlock 1200-1500 pounds. The ATV has the power, but only weighs 1000 with me on it.
Greenwoods Timberworks

brucehuggins

My Pride and Joy.  oh and a logging arch tool

[img width=450 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/y28/oldsawmillguy/arch2.jpg[/img]
Oldsawmillguy

Wallys World

Check out the arch that I built in my photo gallery.
Wally
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Thank You Sponsors!