iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coat Hangers

Started by Magicman, March 02, 2015, 12:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I guess that in time metal coat hangers will go the way of bailing wire, as in gone.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

Quote from: justallan1 on March 03, 2015, 12:06:29 AM
It's nice to see others use them for welding. I've mentioned that to folks and they refuse to believe it's possible. Now I don't go using it all the time, but it'll sure work in a pinch.

smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Shotgun

Quote from: Magicman on March 03, 2015, 11:12:38 AM
I guess that in time metal coat hangers will go the way of bailing wire, as in gone.   :-\
And binder twine.  Can't find any.  Only plastic stuff.   :-\
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

kevin19343

I used a wire coat hanger to "temporarily" hang the muffler on my first car. Lasted about 4 years.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: kevin19343 on March 03, 2015, 04:50:31 PM
I used a wire coat hanger to "temporarily" hang the muffler on my first car. Lasted about 4 years.

:D :D :D :D I have done that too.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

4 years sounds like permanent to me.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Escavader

Coat hangers? You mean brazing rods:.)
Alan Bickford
Hammond lumber company/Yates American A20 planer with dbl profilers Newman feed table multiple saw trimmer destacker automatic stacking machine Baker resaw MS log corner machine  4 large capacity Nyles dehumidification kilns JCB 8000 lb forklifts woodmizer lt 15 and mp100 and blower

Brucer

When I'm salvaging a piece of Hollow Structural Steel that has a gouge in it, I lay coat hangers in the gouge and run a bead over it with a stick welder. Saves an extra pass or two with the welder and it's certainly good enough for cosmetic work.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

PineNut

Quote from: Magicman on March 03, 2015, 11:12:38 AM

I have replaced bailing wire with electric fence wire. Will have to use it to replace coat hangers also.

Bilge Rat

Just use the drycleaner more they still put your clothes on metal hangers.

Electric fence wire comes in a few sizes so you match the job to wire size.
That also means that you need a few rolls of wire.

CHARLIE

Y'all pretty much covered it! Everytime I thought of something I used a metal coat hanger for, someone else had already mentioned it.  But! Anytime I needed a piece of wahr (wire) I go for the old reliable and available coat hanger.  I even hang bird feeders and suet feeders with them.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!