iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coffee??

Started by Magicman, December 08, 2015, 08:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB Griffin

Good for you Lee, they say that the first step is the hardest so it should all be down hill from here :D. Seriously, you can do it.

This time of year it iced coffee for me. Folgers black silk 12oz, raw milk 12oz, concentrated stevia powder maybe a 1/8 teaspoon and lots of ice. Drink twice a day for entire summer.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Al_Smith

Breakfast of champions,Wheaties and Budweiser---but not for me.Two cups in the morning before I shove off for work then maybe 4 the rest of the day .Whatever is on sale,Folgers ,Maxwell House .I have Green Mountain ,Starbucks and 8 o'clock for my lady friend also have a grinder .Mine is strong and black,her ladyship prefers some coffee mate to tone it down a tad bit .Mr Coffee at the present but I have 4 Bunns needing seals in the garage plus a commercial Bunn .

Al_Smith

I thought this little ditty was cute regarding coffee:   As I sat down one evening,
   was in a small café
A forty year old waitress to me
   these words did say

I see you that you are a logger
   and not just a common bum
'Cause nobody but a logger
   stirs his coffee with his thumb

My lover he was a logger,
   there's none like him today
Well if you'd pour whiskey on it
   well he'd eat a bale of hay

He never used a razor
   to shave his horny hide
He'd just drive them in with a hammer
   then he'd bite them off inside

My lover he came to see me
   was on a freezing day
He held me in a fond embrace
   that broke three vertebraes

Well he kissed me when we parted
   so hard that he broke my jaw
And I could not speak to tell him
   he forgot his mackinaw

I saw my lover leaving
   sauntering through the snow
Well going grimly homeward
   at forty eight below

Wll the weather tried to freeze him
   it tried its level best
At a hundred degrees below zero
   why, he buttoned up his vest

It froze clean through to China
   and it froze to the stars above
And at a thousand degrees below zero
   it froze my logger love

And so I lost my lover
   and to this café I come
And here I wait till someone
   stirs his coffee with his thumb

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on August 17, 2017, 08:51:54 AM
Do you also have revolving doors on your bathrooms?   :-X

:D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

gww

Al Smith
QuoteMr Coffee at the present but I have 4 Bunns needing seals in the garage plus a commercial Bunn .

I am still using a bun.  I have patched a few of them.  My uncle called them up and talked/griped at them cause you can't even buy that little washer that goes bad on all buns and so now he refuses to own one cause he says they know about the problim and it happens on all buns but they won't even make the part av availible.  I have patched a few of them with short term fixes.  I keep it on 24 hours a day. 

Magic, I can not speak for anyone else but no, I do not have revolving doors on my bathroom but I do have a pretty good patch of dead grass and when the wether is just right it pays to be standing up wind from it ;).
Cheers
gww

Woodcutter_Mo

I've cut back on my coffee usage, I make a 6 cup (half a typical coffee pot) but still use the same amount of coffee. I have a cup or 2 in the morning and call it good. I'm still on the Folgers black silk, columbian, or french roast. As always with a little milk or cream. I switch every time I buy it.
Today I tried some Yuban that a relative had brewed up today, with a splash of fresh Dexter milk it was pretty good. Nice for a change I guess. :)
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

thecfarm

LeeB,yes you said it. Now beat it. And beat it good. Your friends and family will like that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

joeziz

I recently started taking my coffee with almond milk as I am trying to cut down on dairy and wow have I been missing out, it tastes much better. i also heard that the hazelnut kind is even creamier so I may give that a go as well

Magicman

I am usually a "one cup" a day guy but with this cold weather it seemed appropriate to double my intake.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

To Al_Smith the frozen logger its called:

https://youtu.be/JBLHeAvZyh8

MM little embarassed to have a yeti there lol lol hey if its good and it works who gives a turkey..snap-on sells tools for crazy money but they work well, so many people buy em, same with wm.  Point is you pay for quality and I ain't gonna judge a man on a coffee mug come to think of it I'd have never known it was soo expensive unless it was brought to me attention.

I'm trying the salt in the grounds this morning.  Hoping that'll do it.
Boy, back in my day..

PA_Walnut

The excessive coffee caught up with me so switched to tea...whoa, the pain.  :-X So, try to only have coffee 1 or 2 days a week.

The Mrs. has tried to complicate coffee. It's a simple thing with zen-like qualities when kept at a basic level. First it was a K-cup machine--that ended up clogged, giving me 1/3 cup. She cleaned it, etc. blah blah--ended up sailing off the 2nd story balcony.

The next was a machine that "will do it all...". Place the beans in it with water and it will auto grind, shoot the coffee into a filterless contraption. Ended up clogging the grindings and overflowing and/or a pot full of grounds. It too sailed off the deck one early morning.  (can I even explain how much joy this gave me!)?  :D

Simplicity is where it's at for me in the matter: ground coffee, put scoops into personal size french press, let sit a few minutes, push handle down, pour--great taste, no BS, works EVERY single time. First experienced this at Egg Restaurant in Brooklyn...simple kinda place with great/wholesome food!
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

LeeB

I still prefer my percolator and a stove top percolator even more than the electric. The stove top over a camp fire is another step ahead of that.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

nativewolf

Quote from: PA_Walnut on January 04, 2018, 07:24:27 AM
The excessive coffee caught up with me so switched to tea...whoa, the pain.  :-X So, try to only have coffee 1 or 2 days a week.

The Mrs. has tried to complicate coffee. It's a simple thing with zen-like qualities when kept at a basic level. First it was a K-cup machine--that ended up clogged, giving me 1/3 cup. She cleaned it, etc. blah blah--ended up sailing off the 2nd story balcony.

The next was a machine that "will do it all...". Place the beans in it with water and it will auto grind, shoot the coffee into a filterless contraption. Ended up clogging the grindings and overflowing and/or a pot full of grounds. It too sailed off the deck one early morning.  (can I even explain how much joy this gave me!)?  :D

Simplicity is where it's at for me in the matter: ground coffee, put scoops into personal size french press, let sit a few minutes, push handle down, pour--great taste, no BS, works EVERY single time. First experienced this at Egg Restaurant in Brooklyn...simple kinda place with great/wholesome food!

A french press is without a doubt my favorite, my 1 qt (single serving  ;D) press is a good friend indeed.  Also agree on ditching all the fancy machines.  Now the next trick is getting light roasted African beans into it.   I've got a good supplier of Kenyan AA and for the price it is a *DanG good wake up.  I have to stop about noon though and it is hard to find good decaf. 

Counter Culture (for all you coffee snobs) is the best I've had but at $18 for 12 oz it is an expensive cup.  I am not a fan of Columbian or Brazil but the CC East African coffees are the best ever and after 25 years of being a coffee fanatic I think I'm confident with that statement. 

Liking Walnut

4x4American

I will be putting salt in my coffee grinds from here on out
Boy, back in my day..

Grizzly

I had 1 measly arythmia episode (my wife got to watch them shock me) and now the heart docs want me off of caffeine!! No lead coffee don't taste right.  >:(
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

51cub

More often than not, 1 24 oz cup in the morning. I make it black, but if somebody comes in with a small one that has some milk or cream, I don't turn it down. I make the large one decaf. DanGdest thing, the caffeine does something with the medicine I take, and I don't feel right. Later in the day I can swing a hi-test or two
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

pineywoods

K-cup coffee maker...When it gets stingy and makes 1/2 cup or less per brew,and the recommended de-scaling does no good,  here's a gotcha...pull the removable filter from the water container..Underneath is a round knob with 3 stainless phillips head screws. remove them and pull out the plastic knob. Inside that is a fine wire mesh filter, can't clean it without removing the assembly. Mine was badly clogged. Made a world of difference.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Novascotiamill

Like mine black like my licorice. Couple brewed in the kuerig then off to Tim Hortons for a large black coffee,they make it nice and hot,if the line ups too long then Ill hit mcds,both are pretty good. I dont like starbucks.
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Lots of rigid genx5 tools
1 long haired german shepherd
2017 kioti ck2610HST with FEL and forks
Grindlux band sharpener
Wicked 55" root rake grapple
O

sawguy21

Starbucks medium roast is good but I cannot handle the dark. I need to get another percolator, basket went missing from the last one. Karen wouldn't drink perc but it is still my favorite.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chuck White

Happy Birthday Sawguy21!   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

With this weather coming through today I just brewed me a cup and will feed the fire.  Matter of fact, later this morning I may very well brew me another cup.   :) 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gww

magic
I am on my second also. My second 12 cup pot.
Cheers
gww

Raider Bill

I'd need a catheter.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

Oh my, howdoyoudoit ???   My pot (Reply #132) only brews one cup and I fixed it at ~2:30 this afternoon.   food6

Thank You Sponsors!