iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gary_C the logger

Started by beenthere, October 10, 2006, 12:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Burlkraft and Beenthere visited Gary_C's logging operation in Eastern MN today, and received a warm reception and a good tour of the forest he is working. He was waiting on a welder to do some repair, but that left time for a good visit.

Looking over the finished cut in a mixed stand of red oak, hard maple, basswood, aspen and white pine.

It was a great trip.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sprucebunny

Good to see you, Gary_C and I'm glad y'all had a good visit.

Looks like Gary has some nice toys ;D

Glad to see you're out and about, Steve .
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Burlkraft

Hey SpruceBunny......I haven't heard from you fer a while... Ya must be busy.... sling_shot splitwood_smiley smiley_smash smiley_whip

Gary has some great toys and a nice flat woods ta log..so I was able to walk around most of it. He's got a project on his hands...that's for sure, but I think he's got the upper hand on it now ;) ;)

How's those new machines of yers comin'   ???  ???

Ya know we want some progress pictures  ;D  ;D  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Corley5

BIG toys ;D ;D ;D  I like the harvester :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Don K

Funny seeing people wearing jackets, but makes for nice working conditions. :)
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Ron Wenrich

And, there's no leaves on the trees.  We still have a few more weeks.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

barbender

Gary, where is your wood going? Has the shake up with the ainsworth mill closures affected you?
Too many irons in the fire

Gary_C

I just got home tonight for a few hours and will head back tomorrow for the last week of cutting on this job. Still have a lot of big red oak to cut and I have to drive over the logs with so much wood on the ground. I must have close to 400 cords of maple, basswood, aspen, birch, and red oak pulp on the ground and am now dropping about 50-60 mbf of red oak on top of the pulp wood. Not a good way to log, but it all has to be down by next week.

We sure had a good visit. I got a call later that evening wondering why Burlkraft and Beenthere were not home yet. We must have walked ant talked too much.

Most of the pulpwood will go to Sappi in Cloquet if they don't get filled up. They just started taking wood in October and I have heard they are getting full already. I do have a contract and allocation for this quarter, but that does not matter if they get full again.

Sorry, no pictures or further replys for at least two weeks. No internet connections and very limited cell phone service.  :(

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

beenthere

Gary_C
We had a good time.  :)   Hope you get all those trees down, and that you don't get too much snow that makes finding them tough.

Guess you managed to get the plug welded back in place, and hope the harvester holds out this week too. Be careful up der.

Yah, I think we talked and walked too long and Burlkraft caught the brunt of it. My wife wasn't home so I didn't have to check in.
Didn't help that we were talking and drove north outta Danbury rather than making our turn south on 35. We went way up to Moose Jct and across on M to 53.  Just a talkin and drivin and payin no mind to road signs.

Good luck to you.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Burlkraft

Yup...I caught the brunt of that one.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Things I learned....

I'll probablly NEVER leave my cell phone in my truck when BT drives.....

I know now that I have a calling card in my wallet......

And I know that I should use it when I'm going to be 4 and 1/2 hours later than I said I was gonna be.... ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Yer nothin' if ya can't learn sumpthin' now and then.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

OneWithWood

My ready excuse for being late in Wisconsin is "I got lost in the alphabet."
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

beenthere

Good one, and I'll try to remember it   ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin

Thank You Sponsors!