Sponsors:

E-2300: Making slots like the E-2400?

Started by WI Fire, October 16, 2011, 05:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WI Fire

Please refer to this picture:
Re: E Classic 2400 problem
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2011, 11:18:23 am »

Has any E-2300 owner put a lower set of holes, similar to the slots in the picture referenced above, that would similarly allow creosote to 'drain' and burn?

The unit I have has a new firebox, with slider bars, and 3 tubes in the masonry crescent that leads to the combustion chamber, just like the E-2400.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, as it might be easier to do while it's clean!

WI Fire

stumper

I have the older style 2300 that came with the full fire brick, and I did drill the extra holes like the company wanted.  If that is what you are talking about you can do a search and find the thread I and others discuss the upgrade.  I think it was a fairly long thread. 

Thinking about it still makes me burn a bit.  I still feel it iscredibly bad of a business to require the customer to preform the upgrade to their faulty product.  I could just here the outcry if Toyota had said "Our product is perfect but here are the instructions for you to fix it yourself". 

On the other hand I will say they did step up for those who sprung leaks.  I almost expected them to just send out a couple of welding rods and an instruction sheet but thankfully I was wrong.

WI Fire

Thanks for the fast response. As I am new to this--I was referring to the picture of the E-Classic 2400 picture that I made reference concerning what appears to be an additional row of holes, lower down, that apparently allows drainage of creosote. I am mystified as to how to keep the air channel behind the holes already drilled open!

I know that someone referenced a wire hanger and a shop vac to clean behind the holes.
Thanks Stumper.

Shotgun

Quote from: WI Fire on October 16, 2011, 05:27:22 PM
   Please refer to this picture:
Re: E Classic 2400 problem
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2011, 11:18:23 am »

Has any E-2300 owner put a lower set of holes, similar to the slots in the picture referenced above, that would similarly allow creosote to 'drain' and burn?

This might make it a little easier to locate the referenced picture.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,51279.msg741803.html#msg741803
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

WI Fire

Thank You Sponsors!