dgdrls

It's 1's and 0's how tough can it be ;)

Thank-you for all your efforts Jeff,

D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Need more Ram?
Maybe I can help.
Goat.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ed_K

Thanks, Jeff. Hope your feeling better already. Praying for your flu to be gone and the server to go better than ok  8) .
Ed K

Bandmill Bandit

Hey Jeff

It is hard to believe its been that long since the last move. I Joined just bit ahead of that. Good luck in the work of getting the move done again.

Take the time you need to get as right as you possibly can on the first round. A Methodical, Steady process will serve well to get it done as you are very much aware.

Good luck!   
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

sandhills

Get to feeling better first, been there the last week or so and I did get a shot.  Hope it all goes well and thank you very much for all the work you do for us!

51cub

Good luck Jeff! More importantly, feel better soon!
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

moodnacreek

Ianab

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 28, 2017, 07:46:03 PM
This would be a good time to visit IAN for a week where it is warm while you work Boss.  ;D
Good Luck Jeff.

Nooooo, that would be a bad idea.

It's warm here, and the beer is cold. If Jeff was here I'd have to help, and then we would end up drinking beer in the sun, and... well, it might be ages before the forum was working again.   :D

Drinking beer in the sun and fixing computers is a bad combo. Fix your computers, THEN drink the beer.   ;D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Logger RK

Hope your feeling better and everything goes good on the switch over. I'm hoping it might be easier to post pictures then. But if not my 4 year old Grandson Probly could show me how to do it now.

olcowhand

I'm so new, it took me three days to notice the big, bold Announcement (I've never been the brightest bulb in the chandelier) at the top of every page I went to......
I can tell, with all the "Love" and support you're getting from FF Members, you'll do just fine. I'll add my prayers, as well.
Don't take too much guff about turning 60, they tell me at work that..... "Sixty is the new er... Sixty!"
Besides, I can't remember a time I've felt better than I do right now (because I can't remember anything!).
Fare thee well!
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, olcowhand!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

olcowhand,welcome to the forum.
Under that announcement is a line,starts out with Home,Help,Search,go to Extras,a drop down will appear and there is alot of information there. More will open up for you the longer you are here and post.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

olcowhand

Thecfarm, Thanks for the advice. Even before I became a member, I would use the tool box and Dictionary to try to understand what my neighbors were talking about.
I really appreciate the helpful spirit of everyone in FF.
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

loganworks2

Thanks Jeff for all the hard work keeping this forum up and running. I don't post often as I have no mill but one is in my future. I keep reading and learning from all the good folks of the FF. I hope the move goes smoothly and your avatar tells it all I'm scared just thinking about it😨😨😨. Get well and happy New Year . :new_year:

Crusarius

Good luck Jeff. I have changed enough servers with my own sites that I understand the ultimate pain in the butt it is.

Jeff

Latest news on this is I don't have any. Still waiting for news the server is built and on the rack. I'm sure the Linux techs were off for the holidays. I expect by next weelines to be knee deep into it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

smokeatrr

Southside

Jeff - you mean the servers not in a closet in your bathroom?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

To run a website with the traffic the forestry forum gets, the servers need to be in a major data center to handle it. The forestry forum gets upwards at times of 10,000,000 page views a month.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on January 01, 2018, 11:11:55 PM
The forestry forum gets upwards at times of 10,000,000 page views a month.

:o :o :o WOW!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Southside

That is amazing. In all seriousness, you should be quite proud of what you built. Thank you for all the hard work that we never see.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Treehack

Talk to Hillary, she can hook you up with a good used server. :D
TK 1220, 100+ acres of timber, strong left arm.

Jeff

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

I went back and looked, we didn't actually have any months this last calendar year with over 10,000,000, but we had a few with over 9 million.  :)   We had two months the year before with just over 10, but this past year, we actually for the year, had more for 12 months. The late summer and fall in through Christmas is historically our slow time on the forum, then it really picks up after Christmas as people are spending a whole lot more time inside on the computer.

Here is this years stats:

Thank You Sponsors!