iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Diamond blade on my circle saw. Used the same blade for Hardie board.

Magicman

Looks like you have been busy while I was traveling Paul.  Looking good!!!  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Small steps Lynn. Hope you had a great trip. We are dealing with my MIL. Things went to the crapper. Dang woman looks like she is 65 and was more active then that age. She is 80. She had came down with encephalitis. 100 tests and they still don't know as to why. :( This has been going on almost 4 weeks. >:( It is sad to see someone going down so quick. :( They will be transferring her to a local hospital under skill care maybe tomorrow. 

fishfighter

fishfighter

Bathroom floor down. It's a vinyl floating floor 100% waterproof. All just snaps together.

Magicman

Looking Good my Friend.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

submarinesailor

Quote from: fishfighter on August 12, 2018, 11:46:51 AM
Bathroom floor down. It's a vinyl floating floor 100% waterproof. All just snaps together.

Remember to caulk/seal around the outer edges.  Know someone who thought it was water proof and found out about the edge sealing requirement - grandkids, plus water equals the hard way.

fishfighter

It's 100% plastic. Under floor is sealed too! Going to try to get the base boards down tomorrow.

Been a hard week for the wife and I. It's been a year today our son passed away. That and with MIL in the hospital that will need 24/7 care, it has been really hard on the wife.

Magicman

Paul, my Heart is with you and your Wife.  

fishfighter

Thanks Lynn. DanG doctors still don't know what is happening to MIL. 99% of all the test are back with no answer. What ever it is, it is attacking her brain on the right side and very fast. :(

Anyway, I did resaw enough lumber and planed it out for the bathroom. Going with 5 1/2" base boards. Got all cut for their places. Just have to varnish it all before installing. I like it. Makes the floor pop out. 8)

On a side note. Our daughter made this for us. The picture doesn't do it justice.

The morning sun will hit it just right. ;D

samandothers

I know this must be a rough time.  The work you are doing looks great!  

Your daughter is talented.   Really liked the piece she did for your bathroom!

thecfarm

Enjoy watching your progress.
Just wish things was better for you.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishfighter

Thanks. Just been fishing up what was left in the bathroom. I do need to do a little touch up painting, install lights and plugs in that will rap that area up. ;D

Magicman

Armymann50

fishfighter

Welcome a board Army. There is some great info on this web site.

fishfighter

Morning everyone. Been almost two weeks from my last update. :(

Haven't really been doing much on the build other then some painting. :( We still dealing with my MIL. Things have been going down hill fast for her. Also, ben riding the tractor doing a lot of clipping. As to why, I don't know. There are very little to no pecans here this year again. >:( This will make a fourth year of a bad crop.

Anyway, I'm going to try to fire up the sawmill today. Been putting that off way to long and not having season dry oak lumber will slow this build down. I'm >:( at myself for not doing what I should of done three months ago. I do have a few oak logs that were from standing dead trees. They are dried, so that is a plus to help me out. ;D

Magicman

I was beginning to get concerned about you so don't stay gone for so long. smiley_whip

We haven't had any Pecans either.  This Spring I punched holes in the ground around the tree's drip line and filled them with triple 13, and will try to do it each year from now on to maybe give the trees whatever they are needing.  I know that rain at the wrong time while they are pollinating will reduce the crop but we have been too many years without Pecans.  Of course my problem too is that my Pecan trees are at the Cabin 45 miles away.  The squirrels and Crows get first choice.  :'(

Farmer sawing customers here are busy getting hay in so not much sawing going on.  I thought that one would saw this week but now he is helping his neighbor with hay.  Really no matter because it will be cooler.

Edit:  The Farmer/customer called this morning and we are on for Monday.

Anyway I am anxious to see you finishing that Guest House.

fishfighter

Lynn, I am trying to finish, but it is getting harder by the day. More bad news for MIL. They calling it. :( They will be transferring her back to the local hospital Monday. Just to treat her to make her comfortable. Guess that is all we can ask at this time. It is very hard to see someone go down this fast in 6 weeks.

Anyway, jump right to it early and threw some more paint on the build. After that, jump on the tractor, loaded a log and off to the mill. Good dry water oak. Wasn't a big one, but knew for what I will need to build three doors, it will due. ;D Was nice to mill something for a change anyway. ;D

Making my cant, guess the blade had it. :o

Guess it happens after sharping them 5 times. 8)

Got that stack of lumber all done. Still need to edge a few boards, but no hurry there.

These are for the infill of doors. I sawed them 1" thick. I will plane them down to what I need. I have a very nice stanch of 2x6 and 2x8 that are nice and dry. Moisture on the center cuts is reading around 22%. Should finish drying down to 11% fast.

thecfarm

Yes,it's nice to run  a sawmill. :) 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishfighter

Today, they moved MIL back to a local hospital. She is now under Hospice care. There is no improvements and they still don't know what had attack her brain. :( This woman has been the back bone of her family. Had always had cooked a Sunday dinner for the family. Even after FIL pasted away almost 17 years ago.

Got a little work done today. Something I been sitting on that I was going to use in my house, but being my house is built on concrete, I just didn't want to go thru the trouble of installing it. :( One of my brothers gave me this. Come the first of next month, it will be two years he passed away. :'(

This is some very hard Rosewood. Very heavy.

I have about 300 sf of it, but will only need about 180 sf for the front bedroom.

So, just about all painting is done in that room. Still have to do a little more varnishing on some trim.

Maybe tomorrow.

Magicman

You will make good use of that flooring and it will be a nice memorial.  I have an item built into my Cabin that my (only) late Brother made.  It gives me a warm feeling keeping his memory alive.

fishfighter

Yes Lynn, it will. I have a few things of my son's that will be installed into the house too!

Armymann50

I have an Oak log you can have. 25' long and about 34" across. It have been on the ground since Christmas.

fishfighter

Army, a log that big would kick my butt. I thank you for the offer. ;D Besides, right now I have a bunch already on the ground that I need to saw up along with many more standing dead trees. :(

Yesterday, I had to take a day of rest. Just couldn't get moving. One of those "bad days". >:( Bit better this morning. Had loaded a log on the mill a couple days ago that I might try to saw up today before any rain comes.

Got this

All sawed up to 4/4x6" for base boards.

Should be enough. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!