iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Franklin 170 winch and park brake

Started by just farming, May 06, 2018, 08:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just farming

Need help with #32 winch on my 170. The machine has set for at least 5 years and the winch hasn't be used for longer than that. The problem is in free spool. With the control in the free spool it tries to spool in. Not at full power but enough resistance that you aren't going to pull the line out by hand. I tried tying the cable off and use the machine to pull the cable out several times, it might have helped a little but its still not usable. 
I broke the hydraulic fittings loose at the winch to bleed any trapped air, that didn't help either. I checked the hydraulic pressure at the winch and it seems low to me. One line was 200 psi and the other was 400 psi. 
Another problem is the machine park brake. Where is it located on the machine and what actuates it? Any and all help, ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Cat 311
JD 550G
ASV RC50
Mack Superliner RW613 Dump
Kubota M9000 4X4
Kubota L3430 4X4
Deutz-Fahr Agroplus 87 4X4

Gary Davis

sounds like the clutch is dragging  not fully releaced

JesseA

All the older franklins I've seen had a mechanical disk mounted on the front driveshaft, the parking brake was a latch that caught the brake pedal when you depressed it.  

Thank You Sponsors!