iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Insurance, Business and portable mill

Started by dgdrls, January 13, 2012, 09:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgdrls

Gentlemen,

What coverage do any of you have related to liability and equipment,
I researched a thread related to "Inland Marine" coverage.
Is there a preferred carrier out there who understands the mill business,

Another piece of the puzzle.

Best
DGDrls

Magicman

Since my Tree Farm owns my sawmill, I simply have a rider to cover it's activities.  My liability, etc. is already in place.

I suspect that everyone's situation and requirements will be different depending upon their circumstances.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

T Welsh

dgdrls, I own a tree service and I also own a Woodmizer LT40HD. I carry the standard 1 million in liability the mill is covered and has its own rider. one thing I can tell you about insurance companies is that if it is not listed on your policy it is not covered. its not easy to find ins. coverage on sawmills that is reasonable,so shop around and be prepared to get frustrated. Tim

millwright

I have an inland marine policy that I got thru my car ins. broker,you can get pretty much any covearage you want and it isnt too bad in price.

Cutting Edge

Dunno about NY, but I am setup where trucks and what they haul or tow are covered.  This at least coveres transit of the mill.  Liability comes from the farm itself, kinda like blanket covereage...but specifically states that policy holder(s) must be present for whatever "activity" is taking place. 
"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

Thank You Sponsors!