iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pictures

Started by Jerry, January 14, 2012, 03:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Just a couple pictures of homemade log hauler and a few boards I cut just to see if I can post them.

LT40G28 Manual Woodmizer

TreeWinder

Nice,  great stack of cuts.

Ed
Ed
041 056S 056M
MS660 070 084
CS670
Baker 18M
Komatsu D-21-P ,
Speeco 35T

jueston

looks good, and a nice pile of lumber too. any plans for it yet?

Jerry

Framing lumber for a cabin going to start in the spring in the mountains in south central Colorado. We just acquired 81 acres of the most beautiful property in Co. it sits at 9500ft covered with lodge pole pine, blue spruce, Aspen, and another type pine. Can hardly wait to get back up there. Will try to find some pictures and post some.
LT40G28 Manual Woodmizer

redbeard

Nice looking arch that will be real handy in the Rocky Mts.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

eastberkshirecustoms

What's the capacity of that arch? Looks big and well built. Nice and neat stacks of lumber too smiley_thumbsup

customsawyer

What town in Co. I grew up in Monte Vista. Did a lot of work in the South Fork area.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

Good looking log hauler and lumber.  I hope that you never have to saw that Oak behind the hauler because it probably has metal in it.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Woodwalker

The arch looks good. What do you pull it with?
I don't think I want to do any physical work on anything at 9,500'. I found out last fall that over 10,000' there is not enough air for me to even walk and talk on a cell phone at the same time :D
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Jerry

It is fairly close to Fort Garland. I pull the arch with a F350 Ford diesel and the arch has had a red oak 34" x 18ft and no problems I use a 10,000lb winch mounted on an adapter to be placed in place of my 5th wheel for a trailer, can be changed out with 4 pins. I use the winch to lift the logs using a snatch block pinned to arch works ok for me. I also use the winch to help fetch logs, and also to fell some trees leaning the wrong way. The extent of my operation is a LT40G28 Woodmizer, F350 truck, log arch, Husqvarna 359 saw, two Logrite cant hooks, and me.
LT40G28 Manual Woodmizer

bugdust

Great job Jerry. I'm lookiing at something of the sort to pull logs off these WV mountains. Fine pile of lumber too. Good luck in CO., and be safe.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Jerry

Oh and i forgot the truck is four wheel drive, couldn't make it without that.
LT40G28 Manual Woodmizer

Bill Gaiche

Jerry nice lumber. when you get that cabin built mayby we could have a chicken-crispin and bbq. Colorado is pretty and we go there often as we can. Good luck, bg

WDH

Jerry,

Good job on the pics.  Nice stack of lumber, too!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dave VH

I'm just getting ready to build one of those, thanks for the picks, I might use some of your ideas if you don't mind.
I cut it twice and it's still too short

Jerry

Don't mind at all but I have been altering mine as you can see in the pic. had to add a bridge to the top. I also had to lower it some it was a little too top heavy. I also took someones idea off the forum and added a stabilizer to hold the end of the log to keep it from swaying from side to side. Will get a pic. as soon as I can.
LT40G28 Manual Woodmizer

logloper

Jerry, is your place on the Sangre De Christo Ranches subdivision? My Dad bought a place up their. It is just out of Fort Garland. I live about 4 hours north of there.

customsawyer

That is a great area. If you get a chance take the drive on down the Rio Grande all the way to Taos N.M. It is even better on a Harley. ;D Used to be some great fishing in those mountain lakes in that area too.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Jerry

The property is in the Forbes Wagon Creek Ranch about 6 or 7 miles East of Fort Garland, South of highway 160. It is in the Sangre De Cristo Mountains. Beautiful country and scenery, lots of wildlife.
LT40G28 Manual Woodmizer

MapleNut

Nice job, Jerry.    If you have any nuisance elk or mule deer bothering you, I know someone that can help you out!! :) ;)
2005 WM LT40HDG28, 5500 IRON MULE, 272,262,046, & A PIC!

Magicman

I know him too !!!    :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

Is the Pine beetle active there?
Just about everyplace I go out west the Lodgepole is decimated.
It is making chasing Elk harder and harder.
You may have plenty of pine to saw if this is the case.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jerry

Was out there in October and did not notice any dead pines on the property . Lots of pines on it and lots of aspen. Hope the beetles don't get them just yet need to get located out there first so I can take care of the ones that die.
LT40G28 Manual Woodmizer

customsawyer

I would be there is some spruce and fir on there as well. They will all make good lumber.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!