iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my first sawmill

Started by odouls100, January 15, 2012, 10:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odouls100

been looking to buy a new sawmill for a while now and just found a nearly new LT15 with 40 new blades for 3K I think I've got a pretty good deal huh ?
matt odell

limbrat

After the blades the mill only cost you 2k. yea you got a good deal.
ben

Magicman

In October you were looking at an LT 10 with a 7 HP engine for $3K.  It sounds like you did well by waiting and looking.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

odouls100

Yeah im glad I waited Its a nice heavy duty machine
matt odell

Meadows Miller

Gday

You got a great deal  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) Itll be a Fine (weapon;) ) I mean Sawmill it looks the goods and you can even tow er around Mate   :);) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Magicman

Here is his sawmill:

Yup, you did good.  I also like that dozer.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Amazing!  Go buy a Lottery ticket, too  :D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

You will like it. What's all the lumber going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Lookin' good Matt!

Doesn't look like it was overworked either!

You did well, and then with 40 bands (figuring around $15-$20 each) thrown in the deal.   smiley_thumbsup
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Tree Feller

Quote from: odouls100 on January 15, 2012, 10:10:06 PM
been looking to buy a new sawmill for a while now and just found a nearly new LT15 with 40 new blades for 3K I think I've got a pretty good deal huh ?

I think that is an absolute steal! Congratulations.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

POSTON WIDEHEAD

MATT........YOU DA MAN!!!!!! Now getcha a new LOGRITE or 2 and ding, ding, ding......you're in business!  8)

Good-Luck!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

odouls100

I want to build a bunch of cabins. I own some land on main st Mt Morris half mile from letchworth state park so im looking to open a little motel/cabins 
matt odell

odouls100

thanks Magicman i couldnt figure out how to post pic
matt odell

POSTON WIDEHEAD

What ever pic you post, for the love of wood, DO NOT DELETE ANY PICS IN YOUR GALLERY!

This will surely start a FORUM FOREST FIRE!  smiley_fireman_hat
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

cypresskayaksllc

LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

Magicman

Quote from: odouls100 on January 16, 2012, 08:10:09 PM
thanks Magicman i couldnt figure out how to post pic 

Click on the picture that you want to post, scroll down and click the blue "Insert image in post", click OK and the picture address is inserted into your post.

WDH

LogRite cant hooks are like Lays Potato Chips.  You have to have more than one  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

odouls100

matt odell

odouls100

sweet I figured out how to post pictures heres my dozer I bought last year
matt odell

ChuckinVa

Great deal Matt! I would have bought it for that price! And is it a GO or how did it come to have the axle under it?

odouls100

had a buddy weld an axel on the end then he welded a T with a 2inch ball hitch on the end then bolted that on the end like u would bold on a bed extsion ill get some better pics soon
matt odell

customdave

Hey great lookin mill! congrats, have fun & playsafe 8)...

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Ozarkian

If you find another for that price let me know! I have $3k and will travel to pick it up! How'd ya come across it? Congrats
13h.p. EZ Boardwalk JR.

odouls100

Craigslist, does  every one use the water when they cut ?
matt odell

Thank You Sponsors!