iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

STIHL MS261CM/362CM

Started by STIHLFULLSKIP, January 09, 2014, 09:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STIHLFULLSKIP

HEY ALL, CAN ANYONE HERE TELL ME WHEN THE 261CM/362CM MODELS WILL BE READILY AVAILABLE. I HAVE READ A LITTLE ON THEM AND KNOW THERE ARE A FEW GUYS OUT THERE RUNNING THEM. I LIVE IN NORTH CENRAL INDIANA, AND BRYAN EQUIP. IS THE WAREHOUSE FOR THIS REGION. THEY ARE SHOWING NOTHING AVAIL. AS OF YET. MY DEALER IS PATIENTLY WAITING AS WELL, AS THEY ARE NEARLY OUT OF STOCK ON THE CARB MODELS. I AM INTERESTED IN BOTH MODELS ASAP.   THANK YOU.

Higgins

They are both in stock in Montana. Both my dealer and the local Ace Hardware have a MS362CM in stock. Currently, the dealer is the only place that has a MS261CM available. Nonetheless, there she sits...

STIHLFULLSKIP

i  wish someone could explain what the hold-up is here in indiana. my only guess is that they are trying to get all the carb models sold first?

Maple61

I had a similar experience. Went to buy a 261CM from a large Indianapolis area dealer and was told they were not available and didn't know anything about them, similar story from a Mooresville dealer. Just happened to stop by a  Greenwood area dealer for a new chain and WooHoo they had one. Hold out for the CM your going to love it! Have 6 tanks of fuel through it and i am very satisfied. Keep looking you'll find one!

John R

The dealer I use in Michigan has both of them in stock, I'm holding out for the 661 CM.
John

Sthil MS 361 20" Bar
Sthil MS 260 PRO 16" Bar
Oregon 511 AX Chain Grinder

sweetjetskier

The 261 CM is available in CT for a few months now.

I am looking for the 362 CM Artic version myself.

The 441 CM I had for a few months was a smooth, powerful saw, great for landscape / tree companies.

Arborist, Horticulturist, Nursery and Turfgrass Professional with 27 years experience.

woodchipper95

Just tell your dealer to get one for ya should be no problem if he is a good dealer.

sweetjetskier

So, until Northeast Stihl has sold their stock of a particular saw, the new versions will not be made available.

Just the way it works, dealer can ask for certain saws, but until current stock is gone, the wait continues.

Arborist, Horticulturist, Nursery and Turfgrass Professional with 27 years experience.

Thank You Sponsors!