iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norwood edger?

Started by xlogger, December 24, 2017, 06:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

I just found an ad on a used Norwood Edgemate edger local here. It don't say much about the machine. I looked at the Norwood site and can't find any edgers there, so maybe they quit making them. Does anyone have any info on this machine?
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Slingshot

I had one of them about 7 years ago. Bought it used along with the LM 2000,
  both like new. Seemed to be well built but a little under powered. I sold both
  of them together after about a year when I found a low hour Woodmizer LT30.
  And you are right, they are not making them now but read somewhere they
  might make one again.

xlogger

I finally got to talk to the man that got it for sale. He said it needs adjusting, cutting at a curve. Even got worst when he put on a new blade. Infeed and outfeed table looks short to me. If Norwood quit making them maybe they had problems.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

JB Griffin

The infeed and outfeed rollers are out of square with the mandrel,  they have to be 90deg to the blades or parallel to the mandrel, all of the rolls.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Thank You Sponsors!