iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

off to Pennsyltucky...

Started by zopi, September 23, 2011, 08:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

As soon as the wimmen get their stuff together, we are jumping in the truck for a ride up to Shade Gap...going to pick up a GO trailer for the mill, amd try to run over to Somerset and see the Mother Earth News fair...where Marty and Lisa are setting up....ought to be a nice roadtrip for Mary and I
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Raider Bill

Have a safe trip and enjoy!

I love road trips! 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

T Welsh

Zopi, Pack your rain gear!! we are due for a days worth of rain coming from the south! Tim

zopi

Yah...am in Hagerstown now, and it is wet enough to farm alligators...pretty country though...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

T Welsh

Yeah, Like they say(no place like home)Just started to get ready for a motorcycle trip down in your neck of the woods,rain will not keeps us from going! Buddy and me playing easy rider,on our sport bikes for a week in the smokies. buggin out first thing in the morning and coming home next Saturday (need to recharge my batteries) and this is how I do it! have a nice visit! Tim

Ironwood

Where is the Mother Earth News Fair? I live near Somerset/.

Right on the rain, we are in a lousy pattern right now. Would have been a stunning ride if clear.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

zopi

The fair is at seven rivers resort...we will be there around nine in the morning...

Got through pa asc...Met Marty's dad, Bob, an awesome fellow! He showed me around the shop, and the Resharp facility, and was really great...Roger was hugely helpful in getting us hooked up to go, and we will hopefully meet up with Marty and Lisa at Seven Rivers tomorrow..

Not much to say yet about the trailer kit, except to say that it is built like a tank and sits behind the truck solid as a stone going down the highway at speed...even without the mill on it.
Typical stellar woodmizer equipment!
I will, of course, post up a review of the installation and operation of the mill....The first mod is going to be the addition of a removeable mast to adapt the loading winch to assist in turning big logs....can already tell it will be needed...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Ironwood

Seven Springs Ski Resort perhaps? That is only about 45 minutes from me. If you get board call me.  ;D We can do show a tell.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

zopi

Correction...seven springs resort...I guess they eventually become rivers...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

zopi

We are only going to be here saturday...going to bail and go to morgantown tomorrow....
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Ironwood

Trout Run comes west, into Indian Creek at the base of the ridge, then south 10 miles to Youghigheny River at Camp Carmel, then "Yough" to Mononghela River at Mckeesport,  to the Ohio at Pittsburgh ::) So yes they do become rivers.

If you can leave Seven Springs south on 711/ 381 to "Normalville" (no kidding, good gas station there with Diesel if you need it) Then to Ohiopyle, and Check out the waterfall, and/or the "Slides" and go into the Falls Market for a sandwich/ ice cream (Pyle Burger recommended, I ate the first EVER and hand dipped ice cream) I built the flitch curly cherry counter. This is a whitewater rafting area, and home of Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob. Locally it is THE coolest spot. All within 1/2 mile of the Falls Market.  Also a great Rail to Trail there if you bicycle.

Main falls :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxHAGJI0Ni8&NR=1

Natural slides:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ttLssi4vcc

Cucumber Falls, 1/2 mile away on different stream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBSbHHU10o4&feature=related

You would NOT be disappointed stopping there and it IS on the way to Morgantown

Ironwood

zopi

Sweet! Thanks!
I almost forgot about this one....We no sooner pulled out of the Service center, and owing to my refusal to wreck a thirty thousand dollar trick for a ten cent tree rat, I mowed one over...looked at the wife, smirked, and said "Squirrell Mizer..."
She did not speak to me for awhile...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Ironwood

flattened to 4/4, 2/4 or most likely 1/4, natural edge of course::)

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Coon

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

WDH

With very squirrelly grain  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

PC-Urban-Sawyer

I'd sure hate to be the guy tailing on that job!

Herb

zopi

Almost got some 1&C common chipmunk his morning...stripes in the grain...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Ironwood

You guys are killing me! There has got to be a few more you all missed,.......anyone?

Ironwood

clww

Must be good to be retired, zopi?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

zopi

It is....and with my mill sitting on a trailer,  and almost ready to go, Mill Swamp Custom Sawing, (A division of GreenSmart Ladnscape Maintenance & Tree Service) is born! I don't think all that is going on the business card though....
The trip and the chassis is sort of considered my retirement present...one more link in the chain to working at what I want to...life is good. Now If I can just avoid starving to death...

We spent yesterday at the mother earth news show, well, the wife did, I spent the day hanging out at the WM booth watching Marty and Lisa do their thing...and talking to folks about how bloody wonderful Woodmizer mills are, can't think of a whole lot I would rather do....I hope a coue of those folks come back and pick up a mill ...
Some of you guys are pretty hot sawyers, but let me tell you something...Lisa Parsons is a magician with that big Super...I think she was using the Force...and she sure draws a crowd..attractive lady spitting boards off a mill effortlessly...Danica Patrick can eat her heart out.... lol

Cruising up through the southern highlands of west-by-god this morning and looking at all the big hardwood mills, and firewood plants was pretty impressive...did not stop though, except to look at a big ratty old firewood processor...and the massive piles of oak around it...thing was a monster...fed by a log loader, big live deck, its own grapple, and a hiding six way...spit out alot of wood in a hurry with that thing....
I will start up a thread over in sawmills to review the GO package in a bit....
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!