iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Uniforest 55 m

Started by RoundMountainLogger, January 02, 2015, 05:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoundMountainLogger

My kubota dealer only stocks the uniforest brand skidding winch for tractors!  Does anyone have experience withis brand? Is it any good?  Seems pricey ... More than the farmi winch
Tractor and farmi winching

wfcjr

Not sure what you are being charged for the Uniforest.  If it is any help in comparison, I paid $3,500 for a Wallenstein FX90 in July of 2010.

Quick search online shows Wallenstein FX 120 for about $4,500, FX 90 for $3,700.  My guess is that with a local dealer there might even be a bit
of wiggle room in these prices.

For apples to apples comparison with the Uniforest, the FX 90 is rated at 9,000 pounds to skid, the FX 120 at 12,000 pounds.

FWIW...

Ford_man

I have a uni-forest 55 the only thing I don't like is the PTO is off set to the side and when you raise the TPH it puts it in a bind and will break shaft. ALWAYS DISENGAGE THE PTO BEFORE RAISING THE TPH.

John Mc

The Uniforest 55M is rated at 12,000# pull. I believe Hud-Son is the US importer of these, and supplies them to various distributors (though it's been a while since I bought my Uniforest 35E, and things may have changed since then). Hud-son has them listed at $5,760 on their web site.

At the time I bought my 35E, it was significantly cheaper than the Farmi 351 (which has similar ratings), and it came with more standard items (the guard screen was standard on the Uniforest, optional on the Farmi).

There are things I like better about the Farmi, including the straighter driveline as noted by Ford_man.  However, I've not had a binding problem with my driveshaft, (I did have to cut the shaft to the right length before using it).  The larger angle will probably mean accelerated wear of the u-joints in the drive shaft, but I've not noticed any problems yet in the 6+ years I've owned it.

The only problem I've had with my Uniforest winch is that the linkage the control ropes are connected to needs some repairs - I have to jiggle things around a bit to get the break to stay released. However, I see that Uniforest has changed this design when they went from the "E" to the "M" models.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

RoundMountainLogger

Thanks for the replies.  Just sold my wallenstein fx65. Was hard to let it go but I'm
Sure the new owner will have lotsa fun with it.
Just waiting for the trucking co. To deliver the uniforest. Going stir crazy waiting.
Tractor and farmi winching

Thank You Sponsors!