iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need help finding a certain whole tree chipper

Started by bkellyvtme, February 27, 2010, 06:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkellyvtme

I do not know the name, but it is able to chip smaller chips than 2x2. Does anyone know what this brand is or am I mistaken and no such thing exists? ???

Jamie_C

Not sure how big of a machine you are looking for but the massive Peterson 5000H will make chips as small as 1/4" according to their latest ad.

bkellyvtme

That's the one!  8) Thanks. Any others out there that can chip that small?

Ironwood

I have seen two Vermeers in action on jobs, one is a 24" whole log chipper, the other a Vermeer 30"  :o INCREABLE and BIG machines for a tree crew. The units are set up the monitor the feed rates and increase or decrease depending upon how much RPM's are being gained or lost. BIG dollars too as I recall.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

PAFaller

CBI makes a setup for their grinders that will make 'microchips'(not to be confused with cellphones and ipods) that are suitable to go directly into the dryer at a pellet mill. The prices are steeeeeeeep though!!!!
It ain't easy...

bkellyvtme

I like that CBI better than the Peterson. They are pricey though, although what isn't nowa days. Wonder if you could ever make your money back on a new chipper or grinder?

Jamie_C

Quote from: bkellyvtme on February 28, 2010, 05:47:07 PM
I like that CBI better than the Peterson. They are pricey though, although what isn't nowa days. Wonder if you could ever make your money back on a new chipper or grinder?

Around here there are contractors that will park all their CTL gear to keep the big chippers running 24/7 as they are the only thing they can make money with they claim.

Thank You Sponsors!