Sponsors:

28 Of November

Started by Autocar, November 28, 2017, 06:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

And I bucked logs in a T shirt today .
Bill

jwilly3879

It was 10 degrees here this morning. Not t-shirt weather.

1270d

It was 50 on our job today.   Roads went from a nice start on freeze up to mud.

thecfarm

Ayup,10° this morning,but by high noon maybe 50 tomorrow. One of these days,these 50° days are going to disappear until next May.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

starmac

well it was actually 11 here, 11 below that is.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

firefighter ontheside

Yep, it wasn't cold in MO either.  71° here when I moved my mill to its new home on a concrete pad.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

barbender

30's here today, we were well on our way towards a good freeze up, but the last few days reversed all of that and now we're fighting mud👎 I can't say I mind the weather though😊
Too many irons in the fire

barbender

Quote from: starmac on November 28, 2017, 09:38:39 PM
well it was actually 11 here, 11 below that is.
I think it usually takes about 9-10 days for your weather to make it down to MN.
Too many irons in the fire

trapper

supposed to hit 29 tonight  perfect for  hanging    the small doe i shot tonight.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

lopet

59 here in Ontario. Got sucked in to run a grain buggy today, hate it, especially since I suffer from  arthritis in my neck combined with poor vision in the dark. Well everything went well and after a few beverages they think they have a guy again for next year.  Don't think so, I am gonna run or hide or be sick. :D :D   Awesome day weatherwiise for end of November.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

mike_belben

Tee shirts here this afternoon. Bad for firewood sales but good for productivity.
Praise The Lord

Southside

66 yesterday, more of the same today.  I will take this all the way to April
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ed_K

27 All day yesterday. I had a final inspection and with the breeze I was wishin it was Aug. But we got thru with a thumbs up. Today it's going up to 50.
Ed K

sawguy21

I actually had frost on the windshield this morning, no hurry to go out so the sun will take care of it. The weather guru says this is the pattern for the next week, my fault for putting new tires on the truck. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Southside

I did read that it was -69 in some village in Siberia yesterday.... that's just wrong on so many levels. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

BargeMonkey

Quote from: thecfarm on November 28, 2017, 07:45:02 PM
Ayup,10° this morning,but by high noon maybe 50 tomorrow. One of these days,these 50° days are going to disappear until next May.
That's what I'm afraid of. 😂  we are still finishing up dirtwork jobs and getting a few more septic systems in for the yr.

mills

Unbelievable. Upper 60's for the past four days. Following a wet early fall, the ground is now dry dry dry. Like Barge, I'm getting a lot of ground jobs done around home that I had given up on until next summer. 8) Bad thing is that I haven't done the first equipment repair job yet.  ::)

nativewolf

Quote from: mills on November 30, 2017, 03:32:51 AM
Unbelievable. Upper 60's for the past four days. Following a wet early fall, the ground is now dry dry dry. Like Barge, I'm getting a lot of ground jobs done around home that I had given up on until next summer. 8) Bad thing is that I haven't done the first equipment repair job yet.  ::)

Right, making hay while sun shines so to speak.  Wonder how long it is going to stay bone dry.  Wish it had been wetter so my dry ridge hardwood would have had more market.  Oh well. 

On the other hand we are cutting walnuts in wet bottoms in december...amazing.  Even with swamp tires on the skidder and dry dry dry these bottoms are a bit damp.  No way we could do this in a normal year.  We'd have been winching and winching.

Liking Walnut

Thank You Sponsors!