iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ez board walk saw

Started by steve phillips, January 23, 2012, 11:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

Ez boardwalk MDL 40 will swallow a 40'' log but the max board width cut is 36''. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

peanuts roost

Thanks. I think most of my milling will be Loblolly Pine mostly 14 to 20 inch. Also have a lot of Red, White and scrub Oak  18 to 26inch. I have some trouble with my heart and had 4 disc in my neck and 2 in my lower back ruptured. I can do pretty good except jerking recoil starters that is why i definately want electric start.But I have alot of time and not in a hurry.

thecfarm

peanuts roost,welcome to the forum. With that much damage I would keep away from wood in general. Hard to handle logs,lumber. But maybe that's what is keeping you going.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ozarkian

Quote from: peanuts roost on January 24, 2012, 01:32:13 AM
I am also disabled but hope to purchase a small mill in the next few weeks for my own use only.
I would suggest consulting with your Primary Doctor prior to any purchase to make sure you are physically capable of running a sawmill without further injuring yourself.  If you have family, possibly they could run the mill for you if the doctor does not clear you. 

Quote from: peanuts roost on January 24, 2012, 01:32:13 AMI hope I'm not breaking any rules asking for advise
I believe that is what this forum is all about, getting AND giving advice.  Ask as many questions as you like.  ;D

8) 8) Welcome to the Forestry Forum. 8) 8)

-Ozarkian
13h.p. EZ Boardwalk JR.

plowboyswr

Steve Phillips by what I've read you're building your own mill. I'm guessing that you're gonna set it up as a manual, why not build with the intent of usin hydrolics on it later. Guess what I'm tryin to say is to make sure that your design is easily modifided when you get the funds and time to add it. Working with limited funds is doable just takes longer.  :D
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

paul case

Quote from: Bill Gaiche on January 24, 2012, 12:24:27 AM
Welcome steve phillips, for what its worth I have pushed P. Cases mill through wood and it is a lot easier than my mill. PC's is a boardwalk and mine is home build not on angle. The angle does help pull the head through the wood. bg

Has anyone else ever tried the ez and another mill to compare? Just curious. PC
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

steve phillips

howdy all
hey ozarkian  i always TRY hehee to do what the doc says but like my mama said  " boy you are one hard headed child '' LOL what more can i say . but all joke aside i do listen and hes cool .
  howdy plowboyswr
yeah i am building a home made mill .  it will oneday be a lot of hydralics on it . but for now got a lot of fencing i need to build this summer . i have about 1/2 of tall poplars to cut on , some are close enough to end up in bed with me one nite

if its not broke dont fix it !!!!

peanuts roost

Appreciate the concern. But I have friends to help and I can't stay inside. Had a long talk with Ezboardwald today and planning on ordering a Ezboardwalk jr with optional 15 hp subaru with electric start. Not very familure with subaru but does have 3year warranty. Sounds pretty good to me. What do ya'll think? opinions will be very appreciated. Thanks

paul case

I say, I think, I say,I think you made a wise choice. The ez boardwalk mdl40 is a tough rugged well though out ,very user friendly mill and the jr. is a chip off the old block.   You will be sawing logs day and night! PC
pc

steve phillips

howdy all
i just like to say you guys are great , thanks for all the help.
           steve

peanuts roost

Steve ,Hope you post pictures as you build your mill. Good Luck!

steve phillips

howdy peanuts roost
thats a good idea im charging the battery in camera as we speak
  i got the drive axle hub finished , will finish the idler shaft today i hope. will send pictures
i have a picture to take when i go to my moms of a log left on loading deck , its white ash and across the stump its at least 4ft if i remember right. should be some pretty wood its from the swamp area down home.

eastberkshirecustoms

Thank You Sponsors!