iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cyrus got a facelift

Started by timberfaller390, June 11, 2010, 10:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberfaller390

Most of ya'll know Cyrus, my 1958 International A-162 2 ton truck. He finally got a long awaited facelift.

Here's a couple of before pics.

and some after shots of the old cornbinder.

I don't think it looks bad considering it was done with rattle paint. I'll get a few more pics up later this week when I get the wipers and marker lights back on and give him a bath. I didn't quiet get done before the old truck had to hit the hay fields.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

DanG

Wow!  That is one fine looking 52 year old truck!! 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

LOGDOG

Looking good. I dig that dovetail log cbin behind it too.  :)

fishpharmer

That's my favorite color.  Well done TF!

Your an accomplished painter. 8)  I might hit you up for some pointers if I ever start fixing up my old stuff.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

timberfaller390

Fishpharmer, if by accomplished you mean that it is all the same color then sure  :D seriously I put alot of hours into that project taking everything down to the metal. Thanks for the compliment.

log dog you won't like the cabin as much if you take a look at my post in the timberframe/log construction board.
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

LOGDOG

Uh oh ....I better go look it up. You've got me curious now. :P

sprucebunny

Great job ! Great color  8)

That's an unusual and handsome model of International.
Of course, anything more than about 20 years old is unusual up here because of salt and rust.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Bro. Noble

I especially enjoyed your first before picture,  it cooled me off a little.  I just came from the hayfield driving our ole 63 Chevy C-60.  It makes your before pictures look really good.  One window won't roll down , the exhaust comes up through the hole in the floorboard, and the brakes don't work :(   What a clean old truck you have and the fix-up looks excellent.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Magicman

That's a nice looking hunk of iron.  Now if you park it in the woods, you might lose it.  That first picture cooled me also, cause it's  97° in the shade here.    smiley_devil smiley_devil_trident smiley_sun
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Samuel

Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Brad_bb

Sweet.  I've got a fantasy about some old iron like that someday.  My dream would be a 1931 Ford AA body and wheels, but with a modern fuel injected gas engine or modern diesel and modern drivetrain/chassis.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Meadows Miller

Gday

Tf Great Job She's Lookin Good n reay to take to a show or on a run Mate  ;) 8) 8) 8) 8) seeing as you did it with rattle paint cans i thought it would be cheaper to buy a gun and spray it  ??? but it has come up well have you given it a light cut and a clear coat yet Mte  ??? either way shes a good exaple of a A162 Inter you should be proud Mate  ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

i use a air spray gun and buy paint for everything as i can get it for $120 for 5gal overhere it should be plenty  ;) :D :D Dad's planning on bear metaling it and cutting the rust out of the 79 Acco and giving it a full respray in the next month and ill do a thread on it then  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

timberfaller390

Chris the ONLY reason I did it with rattle cans is because I found a good deal on the paint but believe me, I did a lot of testing before I ever thought about spraying the truck.
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Meadows Miller

Quote from: timberfaller390 on June 15, 2010, 09:33:40 AM
Chris the ONLY reason I did it with rattle cans is because I found a good deal on the paint but believe me, I did a lot of testing before I ever thought about spraying the truck.

Cool  when you get a good batch of tha stuff at a good price it would be a good option I reckon Myself ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Dont worry my older cousins use ta paint their A & AB 160 n 180s  Inters and their Dodges with a hand Brush from time to time to give em a tart up seeing as they where Bush trucks that got driven in between trees and scrached all the time they always looked reasonable n did the job  ;) :D :D ;D ;D 8)

Btw i havent had a chance to send those Cable logging and Hardwood sawmilling books of for you yet but ill do it for you in the next week or so when im in town next  Mate  ;) ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!