iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

which chainsaw???

Started by t3cn1c, February 23, 2010, 06:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t3cn1c

Hallo everybody, i'm Luca and i'm new in this forum
I start with a question
I need to buy new chainsaw (2 chainsaw , 1 for me and 1 for my father)
Tell me which model for hobby works but with a good and prof. chainsaw
(i try stihl and husqvarna... very good for me)
thank you

Rocky_J

We just had this exact discussion yesterday, and the day before, and a week ago. Here's a thread you may want to read instead of everybody repeating themselves every day.  ;)
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,41845.0.html

thecfarm

t3cn1c,welcome to the forum.We need more info to really answer your question.What kind of trees you cutting,size too.How much do you cut in a year.A good dealer will point you in the right directions.Find a good dealer and stick with them.Even if you have to travel another ½ an hour for one.Saws are just like Dodge,Ford and Chevys.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

Buy a good saw from a real servising dealer,you need to spend around $4xx for a good one at least.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

lumberjack48

When your making an investment , the old saying is you get what you pay for, this really holds up in a chainsaw. You can save money but in the long run you end up with a saw thats worth nothing.
I would stay with one of the top three, in the 50 cc zone from a dealer, you will be a happy camper for many years. 8)
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

JohnG28

Welcome to the forum...I agree with lumberjack, you definately get what you pay for, and since you said that this would be for hobby, a 50cc class saw would prob be a good fit...also as stated above, a good dealer will steer you in the right direction, but you might want to see what they suggest and then do some research on similar saws in that range, you may find something you really like for a little more money (possibly less too), that works better for you...and your definately starting in a good place here
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

t3cn1c

thanks for all reply.
I need to buy a good chainsaw . I usually cut trees with 15-30" diameter. For about 2 months for each year.
I like stihl ms 361-20". I need an help to found a local market that has worldwide shipment because i need to ship one to my father in Italy. In my country stihl is a good saw but have very expensive price and in march my father has birthday.
Someone can help me?
Thanks for all future answers.

Ianab

I think the Efco / Oleo-Mac saws are actually made in Italy?

They seem to be pretty good machines and may be priced right if you buy them locally?

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

ladylake

Ther are quite a few quality saws out there, on some your paying quite a bit more for the name.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

t3cn1c

i don't know if efco is good as stihl....
If i want to buy a stih ms 361 with 20`` bar, someone can tell me the price in USA i can found and where i can found a online shop ??
Thanks

567paloggger

if you can find one still in the usa they are going to want around 600 dollars

JohnG28

Yep, palogger is right about on, just bought one for $600, and theyre getting tough to come by too...if you have trouble finding one maybe a husky 357xp, similar saw to the 361 in specs and price, the 361 is nice though...look back through some threads here on the 361, there might be some guys that can steer you twards a couple...good luck
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

peppone

Quote from: Ianab on March 02, 2010, 04:15:10 AM
I think the Efco / Oleo-Mac saws are actually made in Italy?

not only "actually"...efco-oleomac is an italian trademark and (exept for the one hand saws that are made by zenoah) they construct the saws in a small village close to Reggio Emilia (italy). I'm not sure that efco and aleomac can stay at the same level with echo, or dolmar, or stihl or husqvarna...but howewever they are good machines.

saluti
peppone
you're invited to visit my forum all about chainsaws:
http://lamotosega.forumattivo.com/forum.htm
saluti
peppone

t3cn1c

ooo Peppone... anche tu parli italiano???
Se si riesci a darmi una mano per trovare una buona motosega come stihl o husqwarna a buon prezzo negli USA
In italia il prezzo è veramente pessimo.... ma da italiano lo saprai anche tu

t3cn1c

Quote from: JohnG28 on March 02, 2010, 09:25:22 AM
Yep, palogger is right about on, just bought one for $600, and theyre getting tough to come by too...if you have trouble finding one maybe a husky 357xp, similar saw to the 361 in specs and price, the 361 is nice though...look back through some threads here on the 361, there might be some guys that can steer you twards a couple...good luck

600 usd for a stihl ms 361 is a good price..... in italy its over 1000 usd

JohnG28

Wow, maybe we dont have it so bad here in the US, $600 was the price for a new 361, although the Euro spec saw is a little different, believe it has a little more power, less restricted muffler, but dont think Id want to pay $1000...you did mean $, right?

t3cn1c

Quote from: JohnG28 on March 02, 2010, 06:53:24 PM
Wow, maybe we dont have it so bad here in the US, $600 was the price for a new 361, although the Euro spec saw is a little different, believe it has a little more power, less restricted muffler, but dont think Id want to pay $1000...you did mean $, right?

Now undertand because i want to buy in USA??????? please send me also in private some contact of online shop that sell stihl ms 361 at good price (and ship to worldwide for my father)
tnx

Ianab

Stihl expressly forbid their dealers from selling online. Their policy is that you must walk into the shop and pick up the saw, assembled, checked and ready to run. Dealers may advertise online, but if they start shipping saws they can get in big strife with Stihl.

So if you do find a new one for sale online it's going to be from a suspect source.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

peppone

Quote from: t3cn1c on March 02, 2010, 05:50:58 PM
Se si riesci a darmi una mano per trovare una buona motosega come stihl o husqwarna a buon prezzo negli USA

yes: I speak Italian 'cause I'm italian and I live in Italy. tell me exactly what could I do for you.
si:parlo italiano perchè sono italiano e vivo in italia. dimmi cosa posso fare esattamente per te.
you're invited to visit my forum all about chainsaws:
http://lamotosega.forumattivo.com/forum.htm
saluti
peppone

t3cn1c

Quote from: peppone on March 03, 2010, 01:23:31 PM
Quote from: t3cn1c on March 02, 2010, 05:50:58 PM

yes: I speak Italian 'cause I'm italian and I live in Italy. tell me exactly what could I do for you.
si:parlo italiano perchè sono italiano e vivo in italia. dimmi cosa posso fare esattamente per te.

i need help to buy 2 new chainsaw with very good price
I prefer stihl or husqvarna
ok for model that some member told me
stihl ms 361 with 20" saw
or husqvarna 357 xp

HO bisogno aiuto per comprare 2 nuove motoseghe a prezzo veramente buono
Come marche preferisco stihl o husqvarna
E mi vanno bene i modelli menzionati da altri membri
stihl ms361 con barra da 20"
oppure husqvarna 357xp
ciao

I need help to buy 2 new chainsaws at good price
i prefer stihl or husqvarna
ok for model that some member tell me
Stihl ms 361 with 20" saws
or Husqvarna 357xp

Ho bisogno di acquistare due nuove motoseghe a buon prezzo
Le marche

JohnG28

t3, are you also located in Italy, or are you here in the States?  I know you mentioned that your father was in Italy, if your in the US you could find a couple of saws here and send one to Italy.  If your not in the States its probably going to be tougher, especially if you want new saw...used saws you could probably find online, auctions etc, but its a crap shoot as to what youll get sometimes...maybe some dealers would sell used saws over the internet, then you would have a little better chance at getting some good saws, though I dont know of any that come to mind.

t3cn1c

Quote from: JohnG28 on March 04, 2010, 02:05:10 PM
t3, are you also located in Italy, or are you here in the States?  I know you mentioned that your father was in Italy, if your in the US you could find a couple of saws here and send one to Italy.  If your not in the States its probably going to be tougher, especially if you want new saw...used saws you could probably find online, auctions etc, but its a crap shoot as to what youll get sometimes...maybe some dealers would sell used saws over the internet, then you would have a little better chance at getting some good saws, though I dont know of any that come to mind.

I`m in italy now..
I see that husqvarna 357xp is easier to buy online.
I found at 650 usd with 20". Its a good price??

JohnG28

Not that Im too fond of ebay, but given your situation it might be an option you would consider, they have a couple of new 357xp's for sale, says theyre brand new, and the highest price I saw was $700...its not as good as putting something in your hands before you buy, but might help...good luck

Thank You Sponsors!