iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logzilla

Started by Smithkp, July 27, 2018, 12:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smithkp

Gentlemen, meet Logzilla. It was a 1956 trailer made to move large propane tanks. When I got it, it had been sitting since 1988 and needed some work. It still had the old suicide rims on it so they had to go and we couldn't match the spindles up with any current rims. So we went to the woods where and old school bus has been sitting and removed the front axle to get spindles for a bud wheel. A bunch of cutting wheels and welding rods later and this is what I have. Right now I have a 10k Warne hooked up to it but the log in the picture was about all it could handle so might be upgrading before too long.

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

mike_belben

Looks good.  If you get one more pulley with a swivel hook you can make a block and tackle rigging to double the winches power.  
Praise The Lord

Smithkp

Hey, that is a smart idea and cheaper on the wallet as well. Off to find some pulleys.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Smithkp on July 27, 2018, 01:19:25 PM
Hey, that is a smart idea and cheaper on the wallet as well. Off to find some pulleys.
You can get a reasonably good snatch block from Harbor Freight.  I think they run $25 and then use your 20% coupon.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Smithkp

App.arently I didn't post my pictures in time and have been scolded. Will just continue to lurk. Thanks to all who replied

mike_belben

?  I saw your pics just fine. 
Praise The Lord

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: mike_belben on July 28, 2018, 07:47:21 PM
?  I saw your pics just fine.
Me too.  But what happened to the picture?  Was it not uploaded to FF / linked to an offsite gallery?  Upload it and edit your first post to re-insert it.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!